Used 2007 Ford Taurus SE Fleet Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

2007 Ford Taurus Sedan

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

could not find better car for the price
By Great car

2007 Ford Taurus Sedan SE Fleet 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Had 24k miles when I purchased, now at 65K only one problem with A/C that was fixed with CPO warranty plus. Overall this is a reliable car and travels well. MPG on highway at 29 running at speed limit. No mechanical problems. I compared with Altima, Camry, and Accord V6 models, saved 40 - 50% in price comparison plus I am warranty covered to 100k miles.

Favorite Features

Milage, cost, safety, engine responsive when on-boarding interstate hwy, center console with center shift.

Suggested Improvements

the AC has a flap that opens/closes based on fresh or max air and heat. This door breaks and has been a known defect since 2000. If I were absent a warranty, I was quoted $1,300.00 to repair. this should be a recall to fix permanent

Surprisingly nice car!
By Chandaniwala

2007 Ford Taurus Sedan SE Fleet 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I drive this car for work purposes. I work for the government. I am pleasantly surprised by how well this car rides and handles. I like the looks as well. My personal car is a 2006 Mercedes Benz E350. Handling and performance-wise, this Ford is almost on par with the Merc. It does not have the 6 CD changer or the real walnut trim, but the ride and handling are very good, and in the end, that's what matters.

Favorite Features

Exterior styling, low cost of ownership. Many user-serviceable parts (For example, you can change the air filter yourself! Try doing that in a Mercedes or a VW Jetta).

Suggested Improvements

Spiffy up the interior, Use some updated soft-touch materials in the interior. Use a better grade of cloth on the seats. Make a CD changer standard. The car I use takes only cassette tapes. Who uses cassette tapes these days? My 15 year old daughter does not even know what I am talking about.

One of the best values on the road
By TVGuy

2007 Ford Taurus Sedan SE Fleet 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased this to replace a 1990 Mercury Sable my daughter totaled. My son has a 2006 ex-Hertz Taurus that has been flawless. Bought the 2007 from Hertz, less than 30k miles for less than $10k with a 7 year, 100k mile warranty. My friends who spent nearly $30k on Camry's and Accords are shocked at how well it stacks up to their cars, and cry when they realize I bought Taurus' for $10k than their one car. Cheaper to insure too, and should be cheaper to fix too when repairs are necessary. Averaging 22 mpg overall, hit 27 on a road trip. I hear trannies can be an issue, but with the Ford warranty, it won't be my headache until after 100k miles.

Favorite Features

Combination trip odometer, mpg and stopwatch is neat, but have no idea why I would ever need the stopwatch. Comfortable seating, lots of room, big trunk and the rear seat folds down for more room. Big, safe, and easy to drive, especially for my 2 young drivers.

Suggested Improvements

The Taurus/Sable have always been lower than most other cars. Knew that after driving the Sable 18 years. Have to be careful not to scrape the front on cement parking bumpers. And getting in and out would be easier if a few inches higher.

Great Value
By banjo

2007 Ford Taurus Sedan SE Fleet 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I don't know why everyone doesn't buy one of these. They're the best value on the market right now. I've always driven Camrys but for about half the price of a new Camry I can have a larger, safer car that's very reliable and probably cheaper to fix when things do go wrong. Don't get me wrong, this is a very basic car without the fun factor of an Accord or Acura but if you're just trying to get to work every day, get groceries or take a weekend trip, this baby will start and get you there every time and with a fair degree of comfort and safety. These babies show up in bunches at local dealers from the rental companies and they sell quickly. Go get one and save ten grand.

Favorite Features

Value, size, reliability, safety, mileage, sound system. Cheap to work on, rugged.

Suggested Improvements

Maybe a better front seat but I've driven this on trips and it's not too bad.

Transmission questionable.
By Dave

2007 Ford Taurus Sedan SE Fleet 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

In Dec of 07 I purchased a used 2007 Ford Taurus from a Ford dealer. In Dec. of 08 the transmission went and the dealer tells me the warranty has expired. 2 years old & 44,000 mi and I have to pay for a new tranny. My mechanic tells me that the factory tranny in this car is not good. Either way I suggest the extended warranty.

Favorite Features

Motion

Suggested Improvements

Transmission