2007 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
A Very Good Car!
By Ford Buyer on 04/23/10 00:19 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL Fleet 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Taurus on Oct of 08 with 31000 miles on it. I'm very happy with it. Its been very reliable and never lets me down. Very comfortable to ride in lots of power to out drive others if you use premium gas and keep the fuel system clean. I Average 22 on highways and 18 in City. Maintenance is very important for this car so keep everything updated. Tons of cargo space love the color of the exterior its gold ass metallic with Medium Pebble interior . I will recommend this car to friends and family.

Can't beat the price
By seanPA on 04/16/10 08:53 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Taurus Sedan SE Fleet 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought used with factory warranty at 27k. Only issue was at belt replacement the dealer couldn't get it on right and it kept squeaking ok now though. I drive about 1k a week and it hasn't let me down. Now at just over 100k I have to say for 11 grand its the best value i have ever seen.

I luv my Ford
By Bluebell on 04/04/10 05:48 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL Fleet 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This model starts up every time. Enjoyed driving it Winter of 2010. Good gas mileage. I keep up with the maintenance schedule. It runs smooth up to 80 mph with no shaking or trembling.

Won't Start Sometimes - Why???
By MichiganDriver on 02/01/10 14:11 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Taurus Sedan SE Fleet 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I really liked my '07 Taurus for the first 9 months I owned it. I purchased it in Feb. '09 with 35,000 miles on it. I purchased an extended warranty also. During November '09 through now (Feb. '10) I have had issues with the car just not wanting to start! You can clearly hear it trying to start, but it just won't catch. In fear of it "flooding", I remove the key and wait a couple minutes before trying again. It seems to take 2-3 tries before starting properly. The dealership cannot figure out the problem since it does eventually start. This started to happen about once every other week but now about once a week. Hate the idea of possibly being stranded one day.

could not find better car for the price
By Great car on 11/26/09 21:12 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Taurus Sedan SE Fleet 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Had 24k miles when I purchased, now at 65K only one problem with A/C that was fixed with CPO warranty plus. Overall this is a reliable car and travels well. MPG on highway at 29 running at speed limit. No mechanical problems. I compared with Altima, Camry, and Accord V6 models, saved 40 - 50% in price comparison plus I am warranty covered to 100k miles.

Great for the Cost
By Older but not dead on 08/11/09 21:20 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL Fleet 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Had 36K mi when bought and in like new condition. Rough handling on most Ohio roads, but good on improved roads. If I featherfoot it the fuel economy is unbelievable. 24 local/27 mixed/and 32 highway. Roomy interior and trunk. It is nicer than my '98 Sable but cheaper looking inside. The only problem I had was replacing the bolts on the subframe assembly. Ohio roads, go figure. Best feature was the price, $10,800 over 15 months ago. I even Carfaxed to see why and that came up clean.

Love my car
By H. Current on 05/13/09 21:25 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL Fleet 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I don't know why edmunds complain. I love my ford taurus. I had a 1998 ford taurus and got almost 200,000 miles on it before I bought my 07 ford taurus. My son now drives my old one. No problems. The ride is smooth,it responds quickly, and the style inside and out are as up to date as any 07 models.

Surprisingly nice car!
By Chandaniwala on 01/30/09 17:56 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Taurus Sedan SE Fleet 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I drive this car for work purposes. I work for the government. I am pleasantly surprised by how well this car rides and handles. I like the looks as well. My personal car is a 2006 Mercedes Benz E350. Handling and performance-wise, this Ford is almost on par with the Merc. It does not have the 6 CD changer or the real walnut trim, but the ride and handling are very good, and in the end, that's what matters.

One of the best values on the road
By TVGuy on 01/01/09 22:40 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Taurus Sedan SE Fleet 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased this to replace a 1990 Mercury Sable my daughter totaled. My son has a 2006 ex-Hertz Taurus that has been flawless. Bought the 2007 from Hertz, less than 30k miles for less than $10k with a 7 year, 100k mile warranty. My friends who spent nearly $30k on Camry's and Accords are shocked at how well it stacks up to their cars, and cry when they realize I bought Taurus' for $10k than their one car. Cheaper to insure too, and should be cheaper to fix too when repairs are necessary. Averaging 22 mpg overall, hit 27 on a road trip. I hear trannies can be an issue, but with the Ford warranty, it won't be my headache until after 100k miles.

Great Value
By banjo on 12/12/08 07:23 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Taurus Sedan SE Fleet 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I don't know why everyone doesn't buy one of these. They're the best value on the market right now. I've always driven Camrys but for about half the price of a new Camry I can have a larger, safer car that's very reliable and probably cheaper to fix when things do go wrong. Don't get me wrong, this is a very basic car without the fun factor of an Accord or Acura but if you're just trying to get to work every day, get groceries or take a weekend trip, this baby will start and get you there every time and with a fair degree of comfort and safety. These babies show up in bunches at local dealers from the rental companies and they sell quickly. Go get one and save ten grand.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.