2007 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
Surprisingly nice car!
By Chandaniwala on 01/30/09 17:56 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Taurus Sedan SE Fleet 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I drive this car for work purposes. I work for the government. I am pleasantly surprised by how well this car rides and handles. I like the looks as well. My personal car is a 2006 Mercedes Benz E350. Handling and performance-wise, this Ford is almost on par with the Merc. It does not have the 6 CD changer or the real walnut trim, but the ride and handling are very good, and in the end, that's what matters.

One of the best values on the road
By TVGuy on 01/01/09 22:40 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Taurus Sedan SE Fleet 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased this to replace a 1990 Mercury Sable my daughter totaled. My son has a 2006 ex-Hertz Taurus that has been flawless. Bought the 2007 from Hertz, less than 30k miles for less than $10k with a 7 year, 100k mile warranty. My friends who spent nearly $30k on Camry's and Accords are shocked at how well it stacks up to their cars, and cry when they realize I bought Taurus' for $10k than their one car. Cheaper to insure too, and should be cheaper to fix too when repairs are necessary. Averaging 22 mpg overall, hit 27 on a road trip. I hear trannies can be an issue, but with the Ford warranty, it won't be my headache until after 100k miles.

Great Value
By banjo on 12/12/08 07:23 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Taurus Sedan SE Fleet 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I don't know why everyone doesn't buy one of these. They're the best value on the market right now. I've always driven Camrys but for about half the price of a new Camry I can have a larger, safer car that's very reliable and probably cheaper to fix when things do go wrong. Don't get me wrong, this is a very basic car without the fun factor of an Accord or Acura but if you're just trying to get to work every day, get groceries or take a weekend trip, this baby will start and get you there every time and with a fair degree of comfort and safety. These babies show up in bunches at local dealers from the rental companies and they sell quickly. Go get one and save ten grand.

Transmission questionable.
By Dave on 12/03/08 00:17 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Taurus Sedan SE Fleet 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

In Dec of 07 I purchased a used 2007 Ford Taurus from a Ford dealer. In Dec. of 08 the transmission went and the dealer tells me the warranty has expired. 2 years old & 44,000 mi and I have to pay for a new tranny. My mechanic tells me that the factory tranny in this car is not good. Either way I suggest the extended warranty.

Great Car For The Money!
By Mike on 10/29/08 21:15 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Taurus Sedan SE Fleet 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is an all round great car that you can enjoy for a great price. I bought mine nearly new for $12,000. I get almost 30 MPG on the highway and about 19 MPG in the city, not bad for a fairly large car. I have driven the Ford Taurus for many years as a rental car and have always been impressed by both its comfort and dependability. The car goes great in the snow. This is a perfect family or work car if you are not hung up on the latest styles.

Ugly, but still bought it!
By ChevyGirl on 10/20/08 15:05 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Taurus Sedan SE Fleet 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I've always owned Chevrolets, Hondas, or Toyotas. However, we bought our Taurus because it was practical. It seats five or six, the kids have plenty of room, and it has a decent motor size. I love the interior and how it looks inside, but I hate how it looks on the outside. Despite it's beautiful color, it still reminds me of a flat tire. It gets 30 mpg, but only 22 mpg if you like breaking the speed limit. It will eventually grow on me, but I just hate how ugly it is. When I'm in it, I love it-just don't make me look ate it!

Great Ford car!
By Dave on 07/31/08 08:10 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Taurus Sedan SE Fleet 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car because of its low price, great warranty and looks. It has the alloy rims, spoiler, console option and power seat. Maroon color is nice and everyone loves it. Drives like an expensive car. It had 30k. Seat could use some lumbar support, after long drives my back hurts. I traded in my 2005 Chevy Malibu for the Taurus, no regrets so far!

2007 Ford Taurus SE
By Tony on 06/01/08 09:54 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Taurus Sedan SE Fleet 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car and traded my 98 Neon and I love it! It gets almost the same gas mileage the Neon did and has more hp.

'07 Taurus replaces Nissan
By Jim Frederick on 03/18/08 16:48 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Taurus Sedan SE Fleet 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I've owned '88, '94, '97,'02,and now the '07 Taurus. The '02 was the best overall. I like a combination of reasonable size, safety, and overall economy of operation. I'm averaging right at 27mpg overall with most of my driving on the interstate. I did better on my '02 with the 24V engine. My current '07 has 3 front seatbelts which allows for six passengers, something many newer sedans do not offer. If I had the purchase to do over I would find the SEL model for some better interior quality and for extra features however this seems to be a good car so far. Only one issue so far: front driver side window went down but would not come up. Only happened one time. I think something may be loose.

Worth every cent.
By Charles on 03/16/08 21:39 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Taurus Sedan SE Fleet 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is my first "Newer" vehicle, and my first car loan, this was in my price range at only 10,988. Car is getting on average 19-21 MPG. That is with several quick accelerations a day. and driving it somewhat hard. Car rides great, is comfortable.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.