Used 2007 Ford Taurus SE Fleet Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

2007 Ford Taurus Sedan

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

Still The Best Deal on the Lot
By flin1

2007 Ford Taurus Sedan SE Fleet 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my SE for a year or so now and it's still the best value of any used car I found. It's funny that the editors or Edmunds rate this car low 'cause it doesn't handle like a BMW or Acura but it starts, gets pretty good mileage, has pretty good acceleration, has a lot of room, good safety rating, kinda cool looking, American made, cheap parts that are easy to find, good visibility and head room, comfortable on the road. Sure it's not exciting or flashy but it's very easy to live with and does it's job very well. Remember your last high school reunion when you saw that girl you had a crush on and she was fat and divorced three times? SE is that smart plain girl you married.

Favorite Features

Reliability, room, cost to buy, American made.

Suggested Improvements

Maybe better interior materials, but that would make it cost more, wouldn't it.

Good, Basic Vehicle
By TaurusSaurus

2007 Ford Taurus Sedan SE Fleet 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased in early 2007, with 20k miles. Have driven it heavily for 3+ yrs and have had one issue, clogged windshield wiper fluid pump (~$20 @ Auto Zone). Despite claiming to only have 153HP it performs much better, quick acceleration, good stopping power, smooth shifting, etc. A good, BASIC car for every day driving - ton of room for people/cargo, decent gas mileage, quick cooling ac, quick to heat in winter, cheap parts, and easy ability to perform your own maintenance. At 70k I've put on new tires and brakes, a new serpentine belt (15 min job if you know what you're doing), & stay up to date with oil changes/other maintenance. Good car, and a lot cheaper than equivalent.

Favorite Features

Space, cheap parts, cheap basic maintenance costs (brakes, tires,etc). Pay less than competitors. No it doesn't have that great of resale value, but you pay a lot less up front, so it evens out. Plus, you shouldn't buy a car for resale purposes, you buy it to own and drive.

Suggested Improvements

Upgrade interior -- cheap paint on trim, basic dashboard design could use an updating. Don't take through a car wash, you'll see the 'swirl' effect in your car's paint right off the bat.

My second Taurus
By Taurus2

2007 Ford Taurus Sedan SE Fleet 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought my 07 Taurus with 72,000 miles. I like my Taurus. Smooth comfortable ride. Roomy inside with high ceiling. Good gas mileage. Beautiful leather interior. Only problem is the radio. Lots of AM static. Dealership cannot figure out problem. My first Taurus had a better stereo system. My 1st Taurus, a 2000, had 209,000 miles when I sold it. Both of my Taurus' are very reliable vehicles.

Favorite Features

The decent gas mileage. The comfortable ride.

Suggested Improvements

Telescoping steering wheel. Radio controls on steering wheel.

Can't beat the price
By seanPA

2007 Ford Taurus Sedan SE Fleet 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought used with factory warranty at 27k. Only issue was at belt replacement the dealer couldn't get it on right and it kept squeaking ok now though. I drive about 1k a week and it hasn't let me down. Now at just over 100k I have to say for 11 grand its the best value i have ever seen.

Favorite Features

Reliable

Suggested Improvements

Looks are a little outdated

Won't Start Sometimes - Why???
By MichiganDriver

2007 Ford Taurus Sedan SE Fleet 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I really liked my '07 Taurus for the first 9 months I owned it. I purchased it in Feb. '09 with 35,000 miles on it. I purchased an extended warranty also. During November '09 through now (Feb. '10) I have had issues with the car just not wanting to start! You can clearly hear it trying to start, but it just won't catch. In fear of it "flooding", I remove the key and wait a couple minutes before trying again. It seems to take 2-3 tries before starting properly. The dealership cannot figure out the problem since it does eventually start. This started to happen about once every other week but now about once a week. Hate the idea of possibly being stranded one day.

Suggested Improvements

Would be nice to find out how to fix the "starting" issue. Even has the dealership scratching their heads.