2007 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
Decent car for the price
By gary5639 on 08/09/13 22:26 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL Fleet 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car with 32K miles for $10,000. Now it's got 143K miles. Over the years it's had some problems, an alternator, wheel bearings, idle valve, and an AC compressor. I've had it in 14 states and lots of highway miles. I've used it for business and now it's my son's car. Overall it has not had a easy life but done very well. Yes there are better cars, but for the price this is a great value. The AC cools good in the Texas heat, it rides and drives good and is comfortable. It will get about 20mpg around town and 26 / 27 on the highway. Good value.

You Won't Be Disappointed.
By WhiteTaurus on 07/22/10 01:28 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL Fleet 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Skeptical of this car at first, I've come to love it. Nearly 70k miles, and this car has never been to a mechanic for any major repair. A very reliable vehicle, with only one strange moment when the engine stalled at a stoplight. Ford's Vulcan V6 makes 155 hp, and has been surprisingly quick when I pushed it. Fuel economy can be as high as 32 mpg on the highway, with an average of 24 mpg in the city. Ride comfort is decent. Interior is comfortable, with well designed instrument panels and easy-to- clean upholstery. Stereo is good, but the ability to install an MP3 player connection would make it great. Exterior styling is a little bland, but it's grown on me.

First thoughts since buying a used SEL
By Pete on 07/16/10 09:33 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL Fleet 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My 1998 Mercury Sable GS, which I bought 3rd owner, for $1000, and lasted 4 years, had to go bye-bye. It was BEAT! but the engine and tranny were excellent. So what do I get my wife now?? We happily found a 2007 Ford Taurus SEL, sure it has 73G miles, but it runs and looks excellent. 2nd owner, was an old fellas car, did a lot of trips. Black exterior, Tan leather interior, all options I can see, power everything, sunroof, 6CD changer. And after a couple of trips we are averaging 31 MPG out on the Highway! WOW! Doesn't matter if windows and sunroof open or AC is on, same mileage. Ride is terrific for us. Nice seating. Roomy (I am 6-2 260!). Smooth at a Cruise locked 55 MPH. Quiet.

A Very Good Car!
By Ford Buyer on 04/23/10 00:19 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL Fleet 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Taurus on Oct of 08 with 31000 miles on it. I'm very happy with it. Its been very reliable and never lets me down. Very comfortable to ride in lots of power to out drive others if you use premium gas and keep the fuel system clean. I Average 22 on highways and 18 in City. Maintenance is very important for this car so keep everything updated. Tons of cargo space love the color of the exterior its gold ass metallic with Medium Pebble interior . I will recommend this car to friends and family.

I luv my Ford
By Bluebell on 04/04/10 05:48 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL Fleet 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This model starts up every time. Enjoyed driving it Winter of 2010. Good gas mileage. I keep up with the maintenance schedule. It runs smooth up to 80 mph with no shaking or trembling.

Great for the Cost
By Older but not dead on 08/11/09 21:20 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL Fleet 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Had 36K mi when bought and in like new condition. Rough handling on most Ohio roads, but good on improved roads. If I featherfoot it the fuel economy is unbelievable. 24 local/27 mixed/and 32 highway. Roomy interior and trunk. It is nicer than my '98 Sable but cheaper looking inside. The only problem I had was replacing the bolts on the subframe assembly. Ohio roads, go figure. Best feature was the price, $10,800 over 15 months ago. I even Carfaxed to see why and that came up clean.

Love my car
By H. Current on 05/13/09 21:25 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL Fleet 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I don't know why edmunds complain. I love my ford taurus. I had a 1998 ford taurus and got almost 200,000 miles on it before I bought my 07 ford taurus. My son now drives my old one. No problems. The ride is smooth,it responds quickly, and the style inside and out are as up to date as any 07 models.

All around great car.
By LA BOY on 10/30/08 17:43 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL Fleet 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This car reminds me some of the 1991 Ford Thunderbird just more style. It drives great. Rides well. Very comfortable. Great look. I couldn't ask for anything better. I am very happy with my car. I think my favorte thing about it is the fact is large and fancy looking, for a large family car I feel it has a lot of style. And charm.

Not too satisfied
By camjam on 09/13/08 19:04 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL Fleet 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I replaced a Buick Regal. This 07 Taurus the worst handling car I have ever owned. It drives horribly. Terrible understeer. Transmission is a real dog. Shifts are delayed either slowing down or speeding up. Yes I know it is an automatic but this transmission is bad. My 83 Escort drove and handled better than this 07.

Good Car thus Far
By Jon on 08/31/08 10:27 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL Fleet 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My wife has a 2002 Taurus and loved it. We traded it for a vehicle for my business. We had an opportunity to get another one and we love it thus far. I'm sad to see this body style go. (Whatever happened to the customer always being right?) We really like the leather interior. Easy to cleanup with small kids. Lots of room in the rear seats.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.