2007 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
Great car....except
By smartaspaint on 04/19/12 07:56 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Taurus Sedan SE Fleet 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

So, there seems to be a common issue with this particular model of car. Sometimes, the car will simply die while you're driving it. I took it into an auto parts store, they tested the battery and couldn't find anything wrong with it. I took it into the Ford Service center, they tested the alternator, battery, fuel injector, the onboard computer, looked for updates to any of the programming, and everything tested out fine. Couldn't find a thing. I'm taking it to an electronics specialist incase somethings wrong with the ECU but I saw the "10/10" reliability ranking and had to write something since complete failure randomly while you're driving is kind of a bad thing.

Love Car, Transmission Problems
By 07se on 07/28/11 08:30 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Taurus Sedan SE Fleet 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my 07 Taurus in Feb with 77000 miles. It's a nice riding car and I had no issues with it until recently, the transmission went on it, and my the warranty was expired. Fortunately I was able to work out a solution with the dealer and had it replaced with a used transmission and a 6 month parts and labor warranty. I would recommend this car, but if you are considering buying one, I would suggest having the transmission checked first for your own peace of mind, I see that other reviewers have had the same issue.

Good overall car
By gdipilato on 01/04/11 18:26 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Taurus Sedan SE Fleet 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is my moms car and was my first car to drive. We bought it used with low miles in perfect condition. I figure it was probably a rental or company car. We have had no problems at all with the car and it now has 86k miles. We have replaced all of the tires, replaced the front pads and rotors, and replaced the alternator and that's it. Personally i think the car handles and rides well for being what it is. Performance is what you would expect with 153 hp but its actually not as bad as you would think. Brakes are also very strong. The only problem with this car is the transmission is definitely slow to shift both up and down and ive heard they sometimes fail early.

Best Car for the Money Invested
By Spuddy on 11/18/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Taurus Sedan SE Fleet 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car with 49 K on it from the dealer in my home town. I have taken several long trips in it and find it to be comfortable to drive long distances. I have been avg 42 MPG (IMP) with it, on the Hwy with cruise on at 55 MPH. This car is terrific for long trips, loads of trunk space and fairly comfortable when loaded with 4 (adult) passengers.

Still The Best Deal on the Lot
By flin1 on 09/28/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Taurus Sedan SE Fleet 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my SE for a year or so now and it's still the best value of any used car I found. It's funny that the editors or Edmunds rate this car low 'cause it doesn't handle like a BMW or Acura but it starts, gets pretty good mileage, has pretty good acceleration, has a lot of room, good safety rating, kinda cool looking, American made, cheap parts that are easy to find, good visibility and head room, comfortable on the road. Sure it's not exciting or flashy but it's very easy to live with and does it's job very well. Remember your last high school reunion when you saw that girl you had a crush on and she was fat and divorced three times? SE is that smart plain girl you married.

Good, Basic Vehicle
By TaurusSaurus on 07/06/10 10:38 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Taurus Sedan SE Fleet 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased in early 2007, with 20k miles. Have driven it heavily for 3+ yrs and have had one issue, clogged windshield wiper fluid pump (~$20 @ Auto Zone). Despite claiming to only have 153HP it performs much better, quick acceleration, good stopping power, smooth shifting, etc. A good, BASIC car for every day driving - ton of room for people/cargo, decent gas mileage, quick cooling ac, quick to heat in winter, cheap parts, and easy ability to perform your own maintenance. At 70k I've put on new tires and brakes, a new serpentine belt (15 min job if you know what you're doing), & stay up to date with oil changes/other maintenance. Good car, and a lot cheaper than equivalent.

My second Taurus
By Taurus2 on 05/25/10 17:42 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Taurus Sedan SE Fleet 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought my 07 Taurus with 72,000 miles. I like my Taurus. Smooth comfortable ride. Roomy inside with high ceiling. Good gas mileage. Beautiful leather interior. Only problem is the radio. Lots of AM static. Dealership cannot figure out problem. My first Taurus had a better stereo system. My 1st Taurus, a 2000, had 209,000 miles when I sold it. Both of my Taurus' are very reliable vehicles.

Can't beat the price
By seanPA on 04/16/10 08:53 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Taurus Sedan SE Fleet 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought used with factory warranty at 27k. Only issue was at belt replacement the dealer couldn't get it on right and it kept squeaking ok now though. I drive about 1k a week and it hasn't let me down. Now at just over 100k I have to say for 11 grand its the best value i have ever seen.

Won't Start Sometimes - Why???
By MichiganDriver on 02/01/10 14:11 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Taurus Sedan SE Fleet 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I really liked my '07 Taurus for the first 9 months I owned it. I purchased it in Feb. '09 with 35,000 miles on it. I purchased an extended warranty also. During November '09 through now (Feb. '10) I have had issues with the car just not wanting to start! You can clearly hear it trying to start, but it just won't catch. In fear of it "flooding", I remove the key and wait a couple minutes before trying again. It seems to take 2-3 tries before starting properly. The dealership cannot figure out the problem since it does eventually start. This started to happen about once every other week but now about once a week. Hate the idea of possibly being stranded one day.

could not find better car for the price
By Great car on 11/26/09 21:12 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Taurus Sedan SE Fleet 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Had 24k miles when I purchased, now at 65K only one problem with A/C that was fixed with CPO warranty plus. Overall this is a reliable car and travels well. MPG on highway at 29 running at speed limit. No mechanical problems. I compared with Altima, Camry, and Accord V6 models, saved 40 - 50% in price comparison plus I am warranty covered to 100k miles.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.