Used 2007 Ford Taurus SE Fleet Sedan Consumer Reviews - 26 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2007 Ford Taurus Sedan

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

A strong, spacious, unreliable ride.
By Oriley Conner

2007 Ford Taurus Sedan SE Fleet 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I Taurus used in 2008. At the time it only had 14,000 miles on it. The first few years of owning this car was great. It is roomy, comfortable to drive in for long periods of time, has ample capacity for passengers and luggage. The acceleration was pretty decent, and the front wheel drive made driving in snow and rain safer. For about the first 5 years the car was reliable and I never really had any problems with it. But then the car just start to fall apart. In last 2 years of the cars life I had to constantly put take it in for repairs and replacement of parts. The rewiring, replacement of spark plugs, battery, the solenoid, breaks, the flex pipe (twice... my mechanic told me that the Taurus is famous for breaking flex pipes.) But the real glaring problem with my Taurus is that the transmission started to act very badly. At first the gear changes would be a little clunky, then they started slipping when ever coming into or out of first gear. If I didn't hit the gears just right when starting from a dead start the gears would grind horribly, especially when making a turn from a dead stop doing this would make the whole car shake violently. In fact it shook the car so bad that it broke my flex pipe, my mechanic thought i had hit something. I cannot really recommend this car because of it's reliability issues.

Contantly broken
By Jade McDowell

2007 Ford Taurus Sedan SE Fleet 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 2007 Taurus used in 2011 with 44,000 miles and while the gas milage and spaciousness were great, the reliability has been a nightmare. Over four years (I'm at 69,000 miles now) I've had to replace the battery, the synchronizer, some air conditioning part, two different cowels that were causing rain water to leak into my car two separate times, get the throttle body cleaned out and for the past six months the car has developed the habit of stalling at random times. Three different mechanics haven't been able to diagnose the problem, which it turns out is a common one for Tauruses, and so I'm looking for a new car several years ahead of schedule.

Great car
By rampeyj54

2007 Ford Taurus Sedan SE Fleet 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The 2007 Ford Taurus is a dependable car. Fun to drive and great for long distance rides.

Transmissions

Great car....except
By smartaspaint

2007 Ford Taurus Sedan SE Fleet 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

So, there seems to be a common issue with this particular model of car. Sometimes, the car will simply die while you're driving it. I took it into an auto parts store, they tested the battery and couldn't find anything wrong with it. I took it into the Ford Service center, they tested the alternator, battery, fuel injector, the onboard computer, looked for updates to any of the programming, and everything tested out fine. Couldn't find a thing. I'm taking it to an electronics specialist incase somethings wrong with the ECU but I saw the "10/10" reliability ranking and had to write something since complete failure randomly while you're driving is kind of a bad thing.

I suggest that they make cars that don't die randomly while you're driving them or at least figure out how to diagnose such issues.

Love Car, Transmission Problems
By 07se

2007 Ford Taurus Sedan SE Fleet 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my 07 Taurus in Feb with 77000 miles.
It's a nice riding car and I had no issues with it until recently, the transmission went on it, and my the warranty was expired.
Fortunately I was able to work out a solution with the dealer and had it replaced with a used transmission and a 6 month parts and labor warranty.
I would recommend this car, but if you are considering buying one, I would suggest having the transmission checked first for your own peace of mind, I see that other reviewers have had the same issue.

Smooth riding Large trunk Roomy interior

My particular model does not have anti-lock brakes