Used 2007 Ford Taurus Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

2007 Ford Taurus Sedan

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

Great car
By rampeyj54

2007 Ford Taurus Sedan SE Fleet 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The 2007 Ford Taurus is a dependable car. Fun to drive and great for long distance rides.

Suggested Improvements

Transmissions

Decent car for the price
By gary5639

2007 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL Fleet 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car with 32K miles for $10,000. Now it's got 143K miles. Over the years it's had some problems, an alternator, wheel bearings, idle valve, and an AC compressor. I've had it in 14 states and lots of highway miles. I've used it for business and now it's my son's car. Overall it has not had a easy life but done very well. Yes there are better cars, but for the price this is a great value. The AC cools good in the Texas heat, it rides and drives good and is comfortable. It will get about 20mpg around town and 26 / 27 on the highway. Good value.

Great car....except
By smartaspaint

2007 Ford Taurus Sedan SE Fleet 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

So, there seems to be a common issue with this particular model of car. Sometimes, the car will simply die while you're driving it. I took it into an auto parts store, they tested the battery and couldn't find anything wrong with it. I took it into the Ford Service center, they tested the alternator, battery, fuel injector, the onboard computer, looked for updates to any of the programming, and everything tested out fine. Couldn't find a thing. I'm taking it to an electronics specialist incase somethings wrong with the ECU but I saw the "10/10" reliability ranking and had to write something since complete failure randomly while you're driving is kind of a bad thing.

Suggested Improvements

I suggest that they make cars that don't die randomly while you're driving them or at least figure out how to diagnose such issues.

Love Car, Transmission Problems
By 07se

2007 Ford Taurus Sedan SE Fleet 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my 07 Taurus in Feb with 77000 miles. It's a nice riding car and I had no issues with it until recently, the transmission went on it, and my the warranty was expired. Fortunately I was able to work out a solution with the dealer and had it replaced with a used transmission and a 6 month parts and labor warranty. I would recommend this car, but if you are considering buying one, I would suggest having the transmission checked first for your own peace of mind, I see that other reviewers have had the same issue.

Favorite Features

Smooth riding Large trunk Roomy interior

Suggested Improvements

My particular model does not have anti-lock brakes

Good overall car
By gdipilato

2007 Ford Taurus Sedan SE Fleet 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is my moms car and was my first car to drive. We bought it used with low miles in perfect condition. I figure it was probably a rental or company car. We have had no problems at all with the car and it now has 86k miles. We have replaced all of the tires, replaced the front pads and rotors, and replaced the alternator and that's it. Personally i think the car handles and rides well for being what it is. Performance is what you would expect with 153 hp but its actually not as bad as you would think. Brakes are also very strong. The only problem with this car is the transmission is definitely slow to shift both up and down and ive heard they sometimes fail early.

Favorite Features

Value, Interior room, 24 mpg, not terrible looking, parts seem to be relatively inexpensive, has never died

Suggested Improvements

Radio and speakers, tranmission shifting feel, offer abs as standard, no automatic lights