Used 2007 Ford Taurus SEL Fleet Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

2007 Ford Taurus

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

Decent car for the price
By gary5639

2007 Ford Taurus SEL Fleet 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car with 32K miles for $10,000. Now it's got 143K miles. Over the years it's had some problems, an alternator, wheel bearings, idle valve, and an AC compressor. I've had it in 14 states and lots of highway miles. I've used it for business and now it's my son's car. Overall it has not had a easy life but done very well. Yes there are better cars, but for the price this is a great value. The AC cools good in the Texas heat, it rides and drives good and is comfortable. It will get about 20mpg around town and 26 / 27 on the highway. Good value.

You Won't Be Disappointed.
By WhiteTaurus

2007 Ford Taurus SEL Fleet 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Skeptical of this car at first, I've come to love it. Nearly 70k miles, and this car has never been to a mechanic for any major repair. A very reliable vehicle, with only one strange moment when the engine stalled at a stoplight. Ford's Vulcan V6 makes 155 hp, and has been surprisingly quick when I pushed it. Fuel economy can be as high as 32 mpg on the highway, with an average of 24 mpg in the city. Ride comfort is decent. Interior is comfortable, with well designed instrument panels and easy-to- clean upholstery. Stereo is good, but the ability to install an MP3 player connection would make it great. Exterior styling is a little bland, but it's grown on me.

Favorite Features

Overall Reliability, High MPGs, Interior Comfort, Precise Steering, Sunroof, Clean Exterior Styling, Easy to Maintain, Low Insurance Cost

Suggested Improvements

Needs MP3 player connection. Would be great with 20 more HP. Leather-wrapped steering wheel would prevent obvious signs of wear.

First thoughts since buying a used SEL
By Pete

2007 Ford Taurus SEL Fleet 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My 1998 Mercury Sable GS, which I bought 3rd owner, for $1000, and lasted 4 years, had to go bye-bye. It was BEAT! but the engine and tranny were excellent. So what do I get my wife now?? We happily found a 2007 Ford Taurus SEL, sure it has 73G miles, but it runs and looks excellent. 2nd owner, was an old fellas car, did a lot of trips. Black exterior, Tan leather interior, all options I can see, power everything, sunroof, 6CD changer. And after a couple of trips we are averaging 31 MPG out on the Highway! WOW! Doesn't matter if windows and sunroof open or AC is on, same mileage. Ride is terrific for us. Nice seating. Roomy (I am 6-2 260!). Smooth at a Cruise locked 55 MPH. Quiet.

Favorite Features

The Sunroof!! 6 CD changer. Display features. Seats are very comfortable. For a "Fleet Car" I say this holds a candle to no one. We are a Family that is looking for a reliable Family Vehicle to get from Point A to B, and is affordable to by and maintain. This car does that. Easily Serviced.

Suggested Improvements

Make Motorcraft oil either Full Synthetic, or Full Conventional. I Use Quaker State 5w20 Full Synthetic and the MC 400S filter, I also added K&N air filter. The interior gasket for sunroof needs to be secured better. Maybe a better way to make access panel for Sunroof motor. Otherwise, Good job.

A Very Good Car!
By Ford Buyer

2007 Ford Taurus SEL Fleet 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Taurus on Oct of 08 with 31000 miles on it. I'm very happy with it. Its been very reliable and never lets me down. Very comfortable to ride in lots of power to out drive others if you use premium gas and keep the fuel system clean. I Average 22 on highways and 18 in City. Maintenance is very important for this car so keep everything updated. Tons of cargo space love the color of the exterior its gold ass metallic with Medium Pebble interior . I will recommend this car to friends and family.

Favorite Features

Everything

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage could be better. Not very good OEM tire.

I luv my Ford
By Bluebell

2007 Ford Taurus SEL Fleet 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This model starts up every time. Enjoyed driving it Winter of 2010. Good gas mileage. I keep up with the maintenance schedule. It runs smooth up to 80 mph with no shaking or trembling.

Favorite Features

Bucket seats, sunroof, comfort, spacey trunk and reliable.

Suggested Improvements

Jazz up the front like the rear. The design of the front is a little weak. The side view of the car is nice though.