Used 2007 Ford Taurus SE Fleet Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

Contantly broken
By Jade McDowell

2007 Ford Taurus SE Fleet 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 2007 Taurus used in 2011 with 44,000 miles and while the gas milage and spaciousness were great, the reliability has been a nightmare. Over four years (I'm at 69,000 miles now) I've had to replace the battery, the synchronizer, some air conditioning part, two different cowels that were causing rain water to leak into my car two separate times, get the throttle body cleaned out and for the past six months the car has developed the habit of stalling at random times. Three different mechanics haven't been able to diagnose the problem, which it turns out is a common one for Tauruses, and so I'm looking for a new car several years ahead of schedule.

Great car
By rampeyj54

2007 Ford Taurus SE Fleet 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The 2007 Ford Taurus is a dependable car. Fun to drive and great for long distance rides.

Transmissions

Great car....except
By smartaspaint

2007 Ford Taurus SE Fleet 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

So, there seems to be a common issue with this particular model of car. Sometimes, the car will simply die while you're driving it. I took it into an auto parts store, they tested the battery and couldn't find anything wrong with it. I took it into the Ford Service center, they tested the alternator, battery, fuel injector, the onboard computer, looked for updates to any of the programming, and everything tested out fine. Couldn't find a thing. I'm taking it to an electronics specialist incase somethings wrong with the ECU but I saw the "10/10" reliability ranking and had to write something since complete failure randomly while you're driving is kind of a bad thing.

I suggest that they make cars that don't die randomly while you're driving them or at least figure out how to diagnose such issues.

Love Car, Transmission Problems
By 07se

2007 Ford Taurus SE Fleet 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my 07 Taurus in Feb with 77000 miles. It's a nice riding car and I had no issues with it until recently, the transmission went on it, and my the warranty was expired. Fortunately I was able to work out a solution with the dealer and had it replaced with a used transmission and a 6 month parts and labor warranty. I would recommend this car, but if you are considering buying one, I would suggest having the transmission checked first for your own peace of mind, I see that other reviewers have had the same issue.

Smooth riding Large trunk Roomy interior

My particular model does not have anti-lock brakes

Good overall car
By gdipilato

2007 Ford Taurus SE Fleet 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is my moms car and was my first car to drive. We bought it used with low miles in perfect condition. I figure it was probably a rental or company car. We have had no problems at all with the car and it now has 86k miles. We have replaced all of the tires, replaced the front pads and rotors, and replaced the alternator and that's it. Personally i think the car handles and rides well for being what it is. Performance is what you would expect with 153 hp but its actually not as bad as you would think. Brakes are also very strong. The only problem with this car is the transmission is definitely slow to shift both up and down and ive heard they sometimes fail early.

Value, Interior room, 24 mpg, not terrible looking, parts seem to be relatively inexpensive, has never died

Radio and speakers, tranmission shifting feel, offer abs as standard, no automatic lights