2007 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
Decent car for the price
By gary5639 on 08/09/13 22:26 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Taurus SEL Fleet 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car with 32K miles for $10,000. Now it's got 143K miles. Over the years it's had some problems, an alternator, wheel bearings, idle valve, and an AC compressor. I've had it in 14 states and lots of highway miles. I've used it for business and now it's my son's car. Overall it has not had a easy life but done very well. Yes there are better cars, but for the price this is a great value. The AC cools good in the Texas heat, it rides and drives good and is comfortable. It will get about 20mpg around town and 26 / 27 on the highway. Good value.

Great car....except
By smartaspaint on 04/19/12 07:56 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Taurus SE Fleet 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

So, there seems to be a common issue with this particular model of car. Sometimes, the car will simply die while you're driving it. I took it into an auto parts store, they tested the battery and couldn't find anything wrong with it. I took it into the Ford Service center, they tested the alternator, battery, fuel injector, the onboard computer, looked for updates to any of the programming, and everything tested out fine. Couldn't find a thing. I'm taking it to an electronics specialist incase somethings wrong with the ECU but I saw the "10/10" reliability ranking and had to write something since complete failure randomly while you're driving is kind of a bad thing.

Love Car, Transmission Problems
By 07se on 07/28/11 08:30 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Taurus SE Fleet 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my 07 Taurus in Feb with 77000 miles. It's a nice riding car and I had no issues with it until recently, the transmission went on it, and my the warranty was expired. Fortunately I was able to work out a solution with the dealer and had it replaced with a used transmission and a 6 month parts and labor warranty. I would recommend this car, but if you are considering buying one, I would suggest having the transmission checked first for your own peace of mind, I see that other reviewers have had the same issue.

Good overall car
By gdipilato on 01/04/11 18:26 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Taurus SE Fleet 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is my moms car and was my first car to drive. We bought it used with low miles in perfect condition. I figure it was probably a rental or company car. We have had no problems at all with the car and it now has 86k miles. We have replaced all of the tires, replaced the front pads and rotors, and replaced the alternator and that's it. Personally i think the car handles and rides well for being what it is. Performance is what you would expect with 153 hp but its actually not as bad as you would think. Brakes are also very strong. The only problem with this car is the transmission is definitely slow to shift both up and down and ive heard they sometimes fail early.

Best Car for the Money Invested
By Spuddy on 11/18/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Taurus SE Fleet 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car with 49 K on it from the dealer in my home town. I have taken several long trips in it and find it to be comfortable to drive long distances. I have been avg 42 MPG (IMP) with it, on the Hwy with cruise on at 55 MPH. This car is terrific for long trips, loads of trunk space and fairly comfortable when loaded with 4 (adult) passengers.

Still The Best Deal on the Lot
By flin1 on 09/28/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Taurus SE Fleet 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my SE for a year or so now and it's still the best value of any used car I found. It's funny that the editors or Edmunds rate this car low 'cause it doesn't handle like a BMW or Acura but it starts, gets pretty good mileage, has pretty good acceleration, has a lot of room, good safety rating, kinda cool looking, American made, cheap parts that are easy to find, good visibility and head room, comfortable on the road. Sure it's not exciting or flashy but it's very easy to live with and does it's job very well. Remember your last high school reunion when you saw that girl you had a crush on and she was fat and divorced three times? SE is that smart plain girl you married.

You Won't Be Disappointed.
By WhiteTaurus on 07/22/10 01:28 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Taurus SEL Fleet 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Skeptical of this car at first, I've come to love it. Nearly 70k miles, and this car has never been to a mechanic for any major repair. A very reliable vehicle, with only one strange moment when the engine stalled at a stoplight. Ford's Vulcan V6 makes 155 hp, and has been surprisingly quick when I pushed it. Fuel economy can be as high as 32 mpg on the highway, with an average of 24 mpg in the city. Ride comfort is decent. Interior is comfortable, with well designed instrument panels and easy-to- clean upholstery. Stereo is good, but the ability to install an MP3 player connection would make it great. Exterior styling is a little bland, but it's grown on me.

First thoughts since buying a used SEL
By Pete on 07/16/10 09:33 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Taurus SEL Fleet 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My 1998 Mercury Sable GS, which I bought 3rd owner, for $1000, and lasted 4 years, had to go bye-bye. It was BEAT! but the engine and tranny were excellent. So what do I get my wife now?? We happily found a 2007 Ford Taurus SEL, sure it has 73G miles, but it runs and looks excellent. 2nd owner, was an old fellas car, did a lot of trips. Black exterior, Tan leather interior, all options I can see, power everything, sunroof, 6CD changer. And after a couple of trips we are averaging 31 MPG out on the Highway! WOW! Doesn't matter if windows and sunroof open or AC is on, same mileage. Ride is terrific for us. Nice seating. Roomy (I am 6-2 260!). Smooth at a Cruise locked 55 MPH. Quiet.

Good, Basic Vehicle
By TaurusSaurus on 07/06/10 10:38 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Taurus SE Fleet 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased in early 2007, with 20k miles. Have driven it heavily for 3+ yrs and have had one issue, clogged windshield wiper fluid pump (~$20 @ Auto Zone). Despite claiming to only have 153HP it performs much better, quick acceleration, good stopping power, smooth shifting, etc. A good, BASIC car for every day driving - ton of room for people/cargo, decent gas mileage, quick cooling ac, quick to heat in winter, cheap parts, and easy ability to perform your own maintenance. At 70k I've put on new tires and brakes, a new serpentine belt (15 min job if you know what you're doing), & stay up to date with oil changes/other maintenance. Good car, and a lot cheaper than equivalent.

My second Taurus
By Taurus2 on 05/25/10 17:42 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Taurus SE Fleet 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought my 07 Taurus with 72,000 miles. I like my Taurus. Smooth comfortable ride. Roomy inside with high ceiling. Good gas mileage. Beautiful leather interior. Only problem is the radio. Lots of AM static. Dealership cannot figure out problem. My first Taurus had a better stereo system. My 1st Taurus, a 2000, had 209,000 miles when I sold it. Both of my Taurus' are very reliable vehicles.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.