Numerous water leaks...HELP!
By tdherder on
2006 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)
My Taurus has been pretty reliable, although when it rains hard or is going through an auto car wash it gets water in the front passenger foot-well, through the rear passenger side seat belt winder in the back window, and also in the trunk. This make it awfully difficult to store valuables anywhere in the car without worry of water damage!! I would love to hear if anyone has remedies for this aside from taking it to a body shop, I'm a do it yourself-er.
Favorite Features
Reliable
Suggested Improvements
Make a car that doesn't leak so bad. The fuel economy on the hwy is so so, can't seem to get above 25 mpg. My 96 Buick 4 door averaged 30 mpg, being driven hard none the less! I do like the looks of the new Taurus but awful spendy!
By aaron012345
on 08/21/11 16:48 PM (PDT)

Go to the parts dept of a dealership and tell them you want the rain hood for the 06 taurus and the re-designed cowl vent. Pull off the cowl just as when you are going to check the cabin air filter. You will actually replace the entire passenger side cowl, and put a rubber piece (looks like a door sweep) on the front of the plastic piece that covers the top of the cabin filter. You can save 100 bucks doing it yourself, its really pretty easy to be honest. That should fix your watery passenger floor board. You'd be better off getting it fixed either way you decide to have it done because water could ruin your blower motor. As far as the trunk goes, I don't know what to tell you. I had that same problem. Hope this helps.

By aaron012345
on 08/21/11 16:52 PM (PDT)

I don't have the paper work on it anymore but there was a TSB for the passenger side floor board leak that tells you how to fix it. Just google 06 ford taurus passenger side leak or something- you might get pictures of what i'm talking about. good luck.