Great Value
By sap on
2006 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)
I bought this to use for a highway car, i travel a lot for business and personally as well. Mine is the base model, got it for under $8k and I have to say, nothing else out there could come close to fitting the bill for what I was after. People complain about the road noise, but I believe this is primarily due to the OEM Continentals. What junk. A set of Michelin Destinys turned it into a new vehicle. Barely drivable in rain or snow before they were on there, it's a new vehichle now. One of the best I've ever driven in the winter, and I drive a lot of miles.
Favorite Features
Power is ok, ride is ok. Not much excitement, but there is plenty of reliable, predicatble comfort and enoguh performance to make it a good all around package.
Suggested Improvements
This basically became a fleet car, but the price, value and reliability make it great everyday transportation. If you want flashy, look elsewhere, but I'll be driving right next to you in my Taurus.
By dj1956
on 07/29/11 19:28 PM (PDT)

I did have a Taurus SW 1995 with the 3.0 Engine It was one of the worse cars I ever owned . I was going to get another as I have heard they have improved . After reading the Consumer Reviews I have changed my mind. I planed on buying a used 2005 which is one year older and not on the list. The car is still the same with some improvements . Still it is a 50/50 chance that you either get a good one or a Junk. mine I replaced the Transmission ,Heater core (both twice ) . I have had 3 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptors 1987,1995 and now a 2001. These are the best cars I have ever owned and most where close to 75,000 Mi to 107, Miles on them and never looked back. The only reason why the last one the 2001 is the fuel mileage These cars are tested by the Government at 75 miles per hour and receive a 5 Star rating in all areas of safety First responders have begged FORD to continue building these but stopped in 2010 . If you want safety in a car you can only get this used . Please ( and I do not work here ) Wild Rose Motors.Com in Fullerton Ca . Seton is the owner and is trying to change the newer ones to get 30 Miles Per Gallon . If I was able to afford one I would get a 2010 last year they are going to be built, I like Fords and was hoping the Taurus would have the same dependability but do not . The otter used sedans are out of my price range