2006 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
Excellent car for the buck
By Dee on 07/22/08 08:31 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Great car for the money. Fuel economy, roomy inside as well as the trunk. Can't complain other than the road noise is a bit loud, but the radio works well!

Luke warm
By peggy on 07/09/08 15:07 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this car because so many people raved about Tauruses. I was unimpressed with features in the SE, tape deck! Why bother? The rear seat doesn't fold down for extra trunk space. Gas mileage was only around 19 mpg in winter, 23 in summer. Sound shielding made listening to radio pointless at highway speeds. I thought pickup and power were great, but wasn't impressed at the handling, steering just not tight enough. I don't think Ford is offering enough quality for the price.

2006 Ford Taurus
By BigsteelerMd on 06/26/08 02:32 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I'm a big guy 6 feet 5 inches tall and I have ample room. After 2 years of ownership only minor problem with passenger side window. I have owned several V-8 Camaros thru the years so I know a little about power. This car responds well on the highway and I enjoy the ride. I get compliments all the time on my Taurus when it's cleaned and detailed it looks as good as any car on the road and I have the pictures to prove it.

Not a Ford person but love my Taurus
By spikeman on 05/13/08 13:27 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is the 2nd Taurus I've owned and I like these cars. I have a 2006 SE and use it as a all around car my wife and I both use it(our only car) to get to work and do all our running around. The only thing I don't like about it is the lack of power but it serves its purpuse. The Taurus is a good car for the money and very safe. I have seen a few in crashes with SUVs and the driver of the Taurus walked away.

Great car the bucks
By Great Car for the mo on 04/08/08 13:02 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car as a vehicle to drive to work with pretty good MPG. I have had this car for a year now and no regrets. Avg. 23 mpg. Had been driving a Dodge 4x4 and the MPG was 12 -14 so I was looking for something more economical but didn't want to be stuck in a subcompact. The Taurus is a fine car in all respects, though a little dated and not a lot of acceleration it still is much smoother and more fun to drive than a 4 cylinder. This car is comfortable and well made. It is large enough for a family and easy to drive. Many of the newer models although very stylish are short on headroom and have poor visability. The Taurus has plenty of space. At about 10 grand the value becomes obvious.

Very Nice
By simpson on 04/08/08 11:09 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I was very impressed with my purchase. The fuel economy is favorable if you still like to have a little spunk in your drive. This car handles better than my SUV in the winter, I know a couple people that have Taurus’s and they are pleased also. I was not too fond of the SE but with the SEL I have leather, sunroof, CD changer, MACH sound system, ABS and a couple more features that are rather favorable. If you are adjusting from a gas-guzzler to a more practical car I think this is one for you.

No Frills! Great car for the money
By aplus32 on 03/14/08 14:23 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Good, reliable transportation. Roomy seats, rides smooth, and with only 10,000 miles at the time of purchase, will probably last me a good while. Killer AC! Factory stereo system is crap, but that's okay. I'm not a teenager anymore that's trying to make the entire world listen to my music! It serves its purpose. Fog lights would be nice. Rear defroster works, but very slowly. Came with floor mats, and cup holders in the front and back of the vehicle! And Ford Taurus is second to none in its safety rating! Overall, I am quite pleased with my purchase.

Better than basic transportation
By keepitsimple on 01/23/08 10:05 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This car was from a rental fleet, so it came with some mileage and wear on the seats. The only real wear problem we had with the car was the cloth seats. It was a very peppy engine, nice styling (we had the rear spoiler and alloy wheels), and sound, controls...all good. The biggest problem with the handling was U- turns. The turning radius ridiculous for that size car. I say "was" about this car because my wife totalled it this week. She went to sleep on the interstate and smashed the passanger side front into a hillside. The rearend swung around and smashed on the driver side. The passenger compartment survived almost without damage. Impressive. She walked away almost unhurt!

Taurus nightmare
By displeased on 12/10/07 16:52 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My 2006 Ford Taurus SE has road noise that is almost unbearable even with the windows up and the radio loud. It does not handle well and often hesitates when taking off from a stopped position. Today, I found that on the passenger side, it leaked terribly. My floorboard had about 1/2 inch of water in it and I have no idea how that is happening. The car is too large for my needs. It does average 25 mpg though. This is the only Ford I've ever owned. I look forward to trading for a GM product or possibly a Honda, Nissan or Toyota.

Why?
By wvhiker on 08/14/07 12:53 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Why did Ford decide to cut this model out? I have driven Tauruses in the past and knew what a good car they were. Had to get a car and this was our choice. Good, dependable family car. Nothing more, nothing less. I actually like the styling as opposed to the new Taurus. I have driven the new Taurus and prefer this model as well, except the motor. Very pleased with out choice.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.