Used 2006 Ford Taurus Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

Best car I have ever owned!
By Cindy

2006 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this car from a rental company and it had 12,000 miles on it. Today 4 1/2 years later we have over 190,000! MPG was 26 now 24.5 in town or hwy. Not bad for a mid size car. New tires, new battery (as needed) and reg 3000 mile oil changes (Synthetic oil only). Nothing else! This is a workhorse of a car! Love our Taurus!

The info button mpg, miles to empty, etc.

None!

Drives on its own
By kay

2006 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I use to love my 2006 Ford Taurus until on may 18th 2010 it was feeding gas to the motor without my foot being on the pedal. i took it the dealer and they didn't know what was wrong with said that it was a first for them. my car been in the shop for almost a week and the dealer still don't know whats causing it to do it and wants me to keep paying for parts that they don't know will fix the problem NOT

have none

they need to improve the safety of the car

falling apart
By MarkH

2006 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my ford taurus new it was my first new car and has been great up untill 2 months ago when everything started to fail, trans slipps, had trouble stopping, airconditioning wont turn on and the blower only works on high, it was a great car and with in 1 week it developed all these problems and more. I love the car but why cant they fix these simple issues

Want you to know
By gman

2006 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought 2006 Ford a week ago. First impession: Good acceleration, Not bad body design but eats a lot of fuel and noisy when you drive.

I like it inside and outside.

Improve gas usage and eliminate noise.

Great Value
By sap

2006 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this to use for a highway car, i travel a lot for business and personally as well. Mine is the base model, got it for under $8k and I have to say, nothing else out there could come close to fitting the bill for what I was after. People complain about the road noise, but I believe this is primarily due to the OEM Continentals. What junk. A set of Michelin Destinys turned it into a new vehicle. Barely drivable in rain or snow before they were on there, it's a new vehichle now. One of the best I've ever driven in the winter, and I drive a lot of miles.

Power is ok, ride is ok. Not much excitement, but there is plenty of reliable, predicatble comfort and enoguh performance to make it a good all around package.

This basically became a fleet car, but the price, value and reliability make it great everyday transportation. If you want flashy, look elsewhere, but I'll be driving right next to you in my Taurus.