Used 2006 Ford Taurus SE Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

2006 Ford Taurus Sedan

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

Want you to know
By gman

2006 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought 2006 Ford a week ago. First impession: Good acceleration, Not bad body design but eats a lot of fuel and noisy when you drive.

Favorite Features

I like it inside and outside.

Suggested Improvements

Improve gas usage and eliminate noise.

Great Value
By sap

2006 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this to use for a highway car, i travel a lot for business and personally as well. Mine is the base model, got it for under $8k and I have to say, nothing else out there could come close to fitting the bill for what I was after. People complain about the road noise, but I believe this is primarily due to the OEM Continentals. What junk. A set of Michelin Destinys turned it into a new vehicle. Barely drivable in rain or snow before they were on there, it's a new vehichle now. One of the best I've ever driven in the winter, and I drive a lot of miles.

Favorite Features

Power is ok, ride is ok. Not much excitement, but there is plenty of reliable, predicatble comfort and enoguh performance to make it a good all around package.

Suggested Improvements

This basically became a fleet car, but the price, value and reliability make it great everyday transportation. If you want flashy, look elsewhere, but I'll be driving right next to you in my Taurus.

My best car yet!!
By grfxgdss88

2006 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my Taurus in March of 2009. It was a high mileage car (84,000). This little trooper is awesome!! I've taken several long distance drives (1000 roundtrip) and the gas mileage keeps getting better and better (25.5mpg) The only issue I have with it is when I bought it, the 6-CD changer only was able to play 1 disc. It will not advance. If that's my only issue with this little gem, I have no complaints!!

Favorite Features

Information Center - the ability to see how many miles you have until empty; trip timer, and odometer.

Suggested Improvements

I like my car the way it is.

Great used car
By rich

2006 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Safty and good on gas,this car handles well and is just an all around reliable car.roomy too..only real complaint is not noing were the front of car is to sidewalk.But other than that,great comffy car.

Favorite Features

Seats and steering,Trunk space,and can fit 4 kids in back...

Suggested Improvements

Glove box could be better designed for space,front seat cup holder section could be better designed.

Taurus-Value & Performance!
By Jodi

2006 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We absolutely love our Taurus! We looked at other makes/models and found the Taurus to be a great value for the size and comfort of the car. We recently took a trip and received almost 26 mpg for mixed hwy/city driving. My husband does the maintenance on the car and we have had no problems with it whatsoever. I travel 60 miles a day for work--so, I need a reliable car. I recommend this car to anyone--it's roomy for family travels, too.

Favorite Features

Great acceleration & mileage; very reliable

Suggested Improvements

Perhaps and AWD version (I believe the Fusion has this already)