2006 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
Great car the bucks
By Great Car for the mo on 04/08/08 13:02 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car as a vehicle to drive to work with pretty good MPG. I have had this car for a year now and no regrets. Avg. 23 mpg. Had been driving a Dodge 4x4 and the MPG was 12 -14 so I was looking for something more economical but didn't want to be stuck in a subcompact. The Taurus is a fine car in all respects, though a little dated and not a lot of acceleration it still is much smoother and more fun to drive than a 4 cylinder. This car is comfortable and well made. It is large enough for a family and easy to drive. Many of the newer models although very stylish are short on headroom and have poor visability. The Taurus has plenty of space. At about 10 grand the value becomes obvious.

No Frills! Great car for the money
By aplus32 on 03/14/08 14:23 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Good, reliable transportation. Roomy seats, rides smooth, and with only 10,000 miles at the time of purchase, will probably last me a good while. Killer AC! Factory stereo system is crap, but that's okay. I'm not a teenager anymore that's trying to make the entire world listen to my music! It serves its purpose. Fog lights would be nice. Rear defroster works, but very slowly. Came with floor mats, and cup holders in the front and back of the vehicle! And Ford Taurus is second to none in its safety rating! Overall, I am quite pleased with my purchase.

Better than basic transportation
By keepitsimple on 01/23/08 10:05 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This car was from a rental fleet, so it came with some mileage and wear on the seats. The only real wear problem we had with the car was the cloth seats. It was a very peppy engine, nice styling (we had the rear spoiler and alloy wheels), and sound, controls...all good. The biggest problem with the handling was U- turns. The turning radius ridiculous for that size car. I say "was" about this car because my wife totalled it this week. She went to sleep on the interstate and smashed the passanger side front into a hillside. The rearend swung around and smashed on the driver side. The passenger compartment survived almost without damage. Impressive. She walked away almost unhurt!

Taurus nightmare
By displeased on 12/10/07 16:52 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My 2006 Ford Taurus SE has road noise that is almost unbearable even with the windows up and the radio loud. It does not handle well and often hesitates when taking off from a stopped position. Today, I found that on the passenger side, it leaked terribly. My floorboard had about 1/2 inch of water in it and I have no idea how that is happening. The car is too large for my needs. It does average 25 mpg though. This is the only Ford I've ever owned. I look forward to trading for a GM product or possibly a Honda, Nissan or Toyota.

Why?
By wvhiker on 08/14/07 12:53 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Why did Ford decide to cut this model out? I have driven Tauruses in the past and knew what a good car they were. Had to get a car and this was our choice. Good, dependable family car. Nothing more, nothing less. I actually like the styling as opposed to the new Taurus. I have driven the new Taurus and prefer this model as well, except the motor. Very pleased with out choice.

Not Like My 2001
By Mark on 06/24/07 01:59 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My 2001 Taurus SE was a fine car in all respects. The 2006 I purchased appears to have been a car in which it was "thrown together" The body parts (quarter panels, doors, hood) do not match leaving gaps and mis-aligned body parts. The interior is nothing more than cheap inferior materials. My 2001 displayed great quality and care when assembled. The 2006 has none of this. The fuel economy is very good, handling and general reliablity is supreb. And it is a fun car to drive just as long as I ingnore the substandard construction. Still a good value for the money.

Pretty good car for under $15,000
By jordan on 04/01/07 23:13 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This vehicle is good on gas and has a pretty good acceleration although it the engine can get a bit noisy. I do a lot of highway driving and I can't complain.

Take that! Foreign automakers.
By ADM HALSEY on 10/12/06 08:15 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Pound for pound & dollar for dollar one of the best purchases one could make for under $15,000. Excellent for highway travel and not too bad around town for mpg. Very comfortable & quiet, similar to older Lincolns. I added a trunk disk changer and new mats via Ford. A/C renders ice and heat cooks steaks. Wish I had bought it in teal instead of maroon. I feel like a fleet car escapee. Will buy as long as are available for a second car.

Great car for the money
By Steve on 04/09/06 12:33 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I looked a few cars and few equaled the price to value that this car had. Sure it doesn't hold the value of a Camry or a Accord, but then again, if you keep your cars for 150,000 miles, who cares. This car and the one I bought before it (97) are great cars. I put 145,000 miles on my old Taurus and no problems. Great price too.

Great car!
By shaun on 04/07/06 20:31 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Just a great overall car. Dependable bullet proof engine. Comfortable interior. Great looking car.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.