Used 2006 Ford Taurus Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

Company Car
By taurus7

2006 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have been driving the Ford Taurus and Mercury Sable since 1989, company cars, I used to make fun of them unitl I had a BMW, the Taurus is bulletproof. Corporate America buys these cars because they are safe, low insurance rates, ample parts, and they are cheap to own. The only weak point on the car is the transmission. Granted company cars only have pedal to the floor, brake to the floor, but at 65k the transmissions will fail. I just bought a 2006 with 28k for personal use and asked the ford dealer for an extended warranty only the cover the tranny. My gas mileage averages about 22 city and 28-32 hwy, for a car of this size its amazing. My sons Scion is not much better. Great Car!

cost, reliability, comfort, ease of daily driver

transmission reliability

Very Satisfied
By frank618

2006 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I was given this car as a company car brand new, I drove it for 4 1/2 years and put 214,000 miles on it and ALL we had to do was brakes and 2 tie rod ends. The oil was changed every 3 to 4K miles. After my company retired this car, I was able to purchase it for my 16 year old daughter. After taking it to the shop to have it checked out, They told me that this car was a GREAT first car for my daughter and that everything was in really good shape!!!! the mechanic refered to this car as BULLET PROOF!!!

Wow, a taurus did that?
By Brent

2006 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is the first Ford I have ever bought. Truth be told, the only reason why I bought it was I got a good deal. I have it up to 165,000 miles now, and I have only replaced the alternator, tires, all brakes, and the radiator. Previous owner must of had a wreck, the radiator was damaged from an unknown accident. I don't count that against the Taurus though. I average 30-32 MPG! I drive 150 miles round trip everyday, all highway miles. It rides smooth with newer tires, and is somewhat comfortable. All in all, I think its an ugly car with a bland interior, but for 6500 bucks, I have driven the car 100,000 miles. I find that much more sexy than a loaded sports car.

Miles to empty readout, cold air! HOT HOT heater. It can fit 6 people, kinda cool when we don't want to take the van out.

No needed suggestions, have you seen the 2011 Taurus? They got that one right!

My second Ford Taurus
By Mars

2006 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I just purchased my second 2006 Ford Taurus - never had any problems with the first as long as oil was changed every 3000 miles. Comfortable, roomy, easy to handle, V6 handles well, lots of things that work for a middle-aged woman who drives a lot. No complaints! Plenty of room for passengers, suitcases, and animal carriers.

Comfortable, easy to handle, smooth ride.

Automatic lock always pinches my arm when it closes. Arm rest could be changed.

Car is a slug for geezers
By Dave

2006 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I'm 65 but relating to cars I'm 25. I dumped the car within Two months. I purchased a 2006 Subaru WRX. superb acceleration, AWD great traction superb handling great looks. Not a geezer car like Buicks and Cadillacs. Rock On! Dave