2006 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
Drives on its own
By kay on 06/21/10 13:10 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I use to love my 2006 Ford Taurus until on may 18th 2010 it was feeding gas to the motor without my foot being on the pedal. i took it the dealer and they didn't know what was wrong with said that it was a first for them. my car been in the shop for almost a week and the dealer still don't know whats causing it to do it and wants me to keep paying for parts that they don't know will fix the problem NOT

falling apart
By MarkH on 04/25/10 08:48 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my ford taurus new it was my first new car and has been great up untill 2 months ago when everything started to fail, trans slipps, had trouble stopping, airconditioning wont turn on and the blower only works on high, it was a great car and with in 1 week it developed all these problems and more. I love the car but why cant they fix these simple issues

Want you to know
By gman on 02/20/10 03:45 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought 2006 Ford a week ago. First impession: Good acceleration, Not bad body design but eats a lot of fuel and noisy when you drive.

Great Value
By sap on 10/17/09 19:44 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this to use for a highway car, i travel a lot for business and personally as well. Mine is the base model, got it for under $8k and I have to say, nothing else out there could come close to fitting the bill for what I was after. People complain about the road noise, but I believe this is primarily due to the OEM Continentals. What junk. A set of Michelin Destinys turned it into a new vehicle. Barely drivable in rain or snow before they were on there, it's a new vehichle now. One of the best I've ever driven in the winter, and I drive a lot of miles.

2006 Ford Taurus SEL ; 0 }
By asces up on 09/26/09 22:47 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car used with 26,000 miles in 2007 she now has a 103,000 and the only thing i have done to this car is regular oil changes every 4,000 to 6,000 miles and tune up at 100,000 and tires of corse, this has been almost all high way miles. she averages 24.7 HWY and even in town driving what little i do she averages 21 this has been the most worry free car i have ever owned nothing but regular maintenance and this car runs as good today as the day i bought it.

My best car yet!!
By grfxgdss88 on 08/14/09 11:17 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my Taurus in March of 2009. It was a high mileage car (84,000). This little trooper is awesome!! I've taken several long distance drives (1000 roundtrip) and the gas mileage keeps getting better and better (25.5mpg) The only issue I have with it is when I bought it, the 6-CD changer only was able to play 1 disc. It will not advance. If that's my only issue with this little gem, I have no complaints!!

Great used car
By rich on 07/14/09 14:30 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Safty and good on gas,this car handles well and is just an all around reliable car.roomy too..only real complaint is not noing were the front of car is to sidewalk.But other than that,great comffy car.

Taurus-Value & Performance!
By Jodi on 05/11/09 08:02 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We absolutely love our Taurus! We looked at other makes/models and found the Taurus to be a great value for the size and comfort of the car. We recently took a trip and received almost 26 mpg for mixed hwy/city driving. My husband does the maintenance on the car and we have had no problems with it whatsoever. I travel 60 miles a day for work--so, I need a reliable car. I recommend this car to anyone--it's roomy for family travels, too.

What a joke!!
By JG on 04/06/09 07:50 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought the car used w/ 26,000 miles on it. I am very disappointed in the ride (everything shakes and rattles when hitting even small bumps). The road noise is unbearable-esp. wind noise, despite dealer attempts at fixing it. Poor attention to body part alignment. Pasenger floorboard gets wet when it rains-can't seem to locate site of moisture entry. Compared with my 2000 Impala, which has 121,000+ miles on it, the Taurus is a piece of junk. I am not anti Ford, having had several good ones in the past, with one of our favorites being an'86 Sable. Too bad Ford just let the Taurus go downhill. The Impala is a much better buy-great ride, quiet and great milage.

Great deal when purchased used
By Gregg in Milwaukee on 11/20/08 07:47 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 2006 Taurus SE as a 7- month old, used fleet vehicle with 33,000 miles on it. It was a great deal at just $10,000. Cheaper to own and operate that a new or used Toyota or Honda. Mine has ABS brakes, traction control, power driver seat, side air bags, and split folding rear seats. Uninspiring and boring to drive, but a decent, comfortable family car with a massive trunk. Factory radio/CD player has way too many buttons and is confusing to operate. My only complaint is that even after driving my Taurus for 18 months, I'm still unable to judge just exactly where the front and rear of the vehicle are positioned when parking it. Plus, it takes a huge circle to make a U-turn.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.