2006 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
Ford does it again
By ericgdenver on 09/04/11 20:08 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

'06 was a good year for the Taurus. Bought mine with 24K four years ago from a Dealership. I am at 118K now. It has received all the scheduled Maintenance services, including synthetic oil and Motorcraft filters. Typical brake/fluids/tire replacement. Just put on a new set of tires with alignment and had the AC serviced. The car performs as good as the day I bought it. The ride is still comfortable and the handling is tight and responsive. Great in the snow. No leaks of any kind that I know of. Edmunds has the TMV at $7,697.00, which I would agree with. It has been a very reliable car that has held its value. I plan on driving it to at least 150K. An excellent production year for Ford.

Very Satisfied
By frank618 on 03/01/11 14:30 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I was given this car as a company car brand new, I drove it for 4 1/2 years and put 214,000 miles on it and ALL we had to do was brakes and 2 tie rod ends. The oil was changed every 3 to 4K miles. After my company retired this car, I was able to purchase it for my 16 year old daughter. After taking it to the shop to have it checked out, They told me that this car was a GREAT first car for my daughter and that everything was in really good shape!!!! the mechanic refered to this car as BULLET PROOF!!!

2006 Ford Taurus SEL ; 0 }
By asces up on 09/26/09 22:47 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car used with 26,000 miles in 2007 she now has a 103,000 and the only thing i have done to this car is regular oil changes every 4,000 to 6,000 miles and tune up at 100,000 and tires of corse, this has been almost all high way miles. she averages 24.7 HWY and even in town driving what little i do she averages 21 this has been the most worry free car i have ever owned nothing but regular maintenance and this car runs as good today as the day i bought it.

What a joke!!
By JG on 04/06/09 07:50 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought the car used w/ 26,000 miles on it. I am very disappointed in the ride (everything shakes and rattles when hitting even small bumps). The road noise is unbearable-esp. wind noise, despite dealer attempts at fixing it. Poor attention to body part alignment. Pasenger floorboard gets wet when it rains-can't seem to locate site of moisture entry. Compared with my 2000 Impala, which has 121,000+ miles on it, the Taurus is a piece of junk. I am not anti Ford, having had several good ones in the past, with one of our favorites being an'86 Sable. Too bad Ford just let the Taurus go downhill. The Impala is a much better buy-great ride, quiet and great milage.

Very Nice
By simpson on 04/08/08 11:09 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I was very impressed with my purchase. The fuel economy is favorable if you still like to have a little spunk in your drive. This car handles better than my SUV in the winter, I know a couple people that have Taurusís and they are pleased also. I was not too fond of the SE but with the SEL I have leather, sunroof, CD changer, MACH sound system, ABS and a couple more features that are rather favorable. If you are adjusting from a gas-guzzler to a more practical car I think this is one for you.

Great car for the money
By jtspenfield on 06/11/07 19:34 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Excellent full-sized sedan for the money! We bought a 2006 SEL with all the available options leather, sun roof, alloy wheels, ABS, etc. The car is very roomy and has very comfortable leather seats. My friends commented on how smooth the ride is! Acceleration and power are good, not top of the line, but more than adequate for most drivers. I've been averaging 25mpg with a mix of highway and city driving. One recent long highway trip averaged 31 mpg, very nice! Folks, you own it to yourself to check this vehicle out. Great news that Ford is keeping the Taurus name!

2006 Ford Taurus SEL SDN
By Chief on 03/14/07 18:02 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Average city highway mileage: 25.0 18,500 miles and will need to take into the repair shop for the wheels shaking at 45mph and above. Some pulling to the right. If you're 6'3 like myself, its hard to see the gauges. CD player only takes 1 cd at a time and for the price you pay they could give you the better radio. Seats are powered and go back and forth but no lumbar power. Add 6 way seat.

Reliable and good value for the money
By TR on 01/07/07 16:54 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This car was NOT my first choice but I have been pleasantly surprised with the overall experience. While not the sexiest or most stylish of vehicles, it is a solid performer. The ride is smooth and comfortable, the engine is quiet and the interior cabin and its parts all seem pretty solid. Gas mileage has been very good. For the money, a used one of these with low mileage is the way to go if you are looking to save some money while still being able to drive a decent size car that has some "bells and whistles" (i.e. leather, moonroof). My only complaint is with trying to park because it is hard to judge where the nose of the vehicle is when pulling in a parking space.

Great Value
By pete on 12/13/06 21:40 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Ok, so this isn't the most exciting vehicle in the world. Still, it does just about everything well. Enough power, Comfy seats, decent handling, good controls. Who would have thought you could get a car with 16,000 miles on it with leather for 12 grand? Ford - I'm very impressed with how well this car does most things. 2 beefs - the stereo blows (bass anyone?) and how about ABS brakes?

Solid car, good buy
By Ken on 10/26/06 16:55 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Easy on the eyes, meaningful amenities without all the extra toys that go bad on up-scale vehicles. Plain, solid performer with comfortable seating, good heat/air and reasonable sound. Quiet as a cat.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.