Used 2006 Ford Taurus SEL Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

Ford does it again
By ericgdenver

2006 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

'06 was a good year for the Taurus. Bought mine with 24K four years ago from a Dealership. I am at 118K now. It has received all the scheduled Maintenance services, including synthetic oil and Motorcraft filters. Typical brake/fluids/tire replacement. Just put on a new set of tires with alignment and had the AC serviced. The car performs as good as the day I bought it. The ride is still comfortable and the handling is tight and responsive. Great in the snow. No leaks of any kind that I know of. Edmunds has the TMV at $7,697.00, which I would agree with. It has been a very reliable car that has held its value. I plan on driving it to at least 150K. An excellent production year for Ford.

Very Satisfied
By frank618

2006 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I was given this car as a company car brand new, I drove it for 4 1/2 years and put 214,000 miles on it and ALL we had to do was brakes and 2 tie rod ends. The oil was changed every 3 to 4K miles. After my company retired this car, I was able to purchase it for my 16 year old daughter. After taking it to the shop to have it checked out, They told me that this car was a GREAT first car for my daughter and that everything was in really good shape!!!! the mechanic refered to this car as BULLET PROOF!!!

2006 Ford Taurus SEL ; 0 }
By asces up

2006 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car used with 26,000 miles in 2007 she now has a 103,000 and the only thing i have done to this car is regular oil changes every 4,000 to 6,000 miles and tune up at 100,000 and tires of corse, this has been almost all high way miles. she averages 24.7 HWY and even in town driving what little i do she averages 21 this has been the most worry free car i have ever owned nothing but regular maintenance and this car runs as good today as the day i bought it.

Favorite Features

trunk space is great and even in the back seats you still have room to be comfortable

Suggested Improvements

the window lock button in bad spot, if you like to rest your arm on door rest like i do you allways lock everybodys windows.. lol

What a joke!!
By JG

2006 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought the car used w/ 26,000 miles on it. I am very disappointed in the ride (everything shakes and rattles when hitting even small bumps). The road noise is unbearable-esp. wind noise, despite dealer attempts at fixing it. Poor attention to body part alignment. Pasenger floorboard gets wet when it rains-can't seem to locate site of moisture entry. Compared with my 2000 Impala, which has 121,000+ miles on it, the Taurus is a piece of junk. I am not anti Ford, having had several good ones in the past, with one of our favorites being an'86 Sable. Too bad Ford just let the Taurus go downhill. The Impala is a much better buy-great ride, quiet and great milage.

Favorite Features

nothing impressive to report.

Suggested Improvements

Everything. Trunk style is antiquaited-should replace the"in trunk" supports with external strut type supports to increase usable room.

Very Nice
By simpson

2006 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I was very impressed with my purchase. The fuel economy is favorable if you still like to have a little spunk in your drive. This car handles better than my SUV in the winter, I know a couple people that have Taurusís and they are pleased also. I was not too fond of the SE but with the SEL I have leather, sunroof, CD changer, MACH sound system, ABS and a couple more features that are rather favorable. If you are adjusting from a gas-guzzler to a more practical car I think this is one for you.

Favorite Features

Leather, sunroof, CD changer, MACH sound system, ABS. And it's prety fun to drive

Suggested Improvements

Fog lights, and brighter headlights