Used 2006 Ford Taurus SE Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

Most Helpful|
Car is a slug for geezers
By Dave

2006 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I'm 65 but relating to cars I'm 25. I dumped the car within Two months. I purchased a 2006 Subaru WRX. superb acceleration, AWD great traction superb handling great looks. Not a geezer car like Buicks and Cadillacs. Rock On! Dave

NEVER AGAIN!
By mindy15

2006 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This car has been nothing but a pile or crap. Bought it from a dealer with 49000 miles. Have had to replace the master cylinder for the breaks (3 mo. after owning it), transmission (5 mo after owning it), altnator (4 Mo after owing it). Was previously a business owned car should have been decent. Theres contantly something wrong with it and it leaves me stranded. The horsepower is crap compared to the 4 cylinder car I had previous. No Power! Don't hold its retail value. The only thing good about it was the price but, I need a vehical fast as my other was totaled in an accident. Never again!

Favorite Features

The power locks, windows.

Suggested Improvements

Needs a better sound system. More horse power and more reliablity.

Numerous water leaks...HELP!
By tdherder

2006 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My Taurus has been pretty reliable, although when it rains hard or is going through an auto car wash it gets water in the front passenger foot-well, through the rear passenger side seat belt winder in the back window, and also in the trunk. This make it awfully difficult to store valuables anywhere in the car without worry of water damage!! I would love to hear if anyone has remedies for this aside from taking it to a body shop, I'm a do it yourself-er.

Favorite Features

Reliable

Suggested Improvements

Make a car that doesn't leak so bad. The fuel economy on the hwy is so so, can't seem to get above 25 mpg. My 96 Buick 4 door averaged 30 mpg, being driven hard none the less! I do like the looks of the new Taurus but awful spendy!

Wow, a taurus did that?
By Brent

2006 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is the first Ford I have ever bought. Truth be told, the only reason why I bought it was I got a good deal. I have it up to 165,000 miles now, and I have only replaced the alternator, tires, all brakes, and the radiator. Previous owner must of had a wreck, the radiator was damaged from an unknown accident. I don't count that against the Taurus though. I average 30-32 MPG! I drive 150 miles round trip everyday, all highway miles. It rides smooth with newer tires, and is somewhat comfortable. All in all, I think its an ugly car with a bland interior, but for 6500 bucks, I have driven the car 100,000 miles. I find that much more sexy than a loaded sports car.

Favorite Features

Miles to empty readout, cold air! HOT HOT heater. It can fit 6 people, kinda cool when we don't want to take the van out.

Suggested Improvements

No needed suggestions, have you seen the 2011 Taurus? They got that one right!

Company Car
By taurus7

2006 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have been driving the Ford Taurus and Mercury Sable since 1989, company cars, I used to make fun of them unitl I had a BMW, the Taurus is bulletproof. Corporate America buys these cars because they are safe, low insurance rates, ample parts, and they are cheap to own. The only weak point on the car is the transmission. Granted company cars only have pedal to the floor, brake to the floor, but at 65k the transmissions will fail. I just bought a 2006 with 28k for personal use and asked the ford dealer for an extended warranty only the cover the tranny. My gas mileage averages about 22 city and 28-32 hwy, for a car of this size its amazing. My sons Scion is not much better. Great Car!

Favorite Features

cost, reliability, comfort, ease of daily driver

Suggested Improvements

transmission reliability