Used 2006 Ford Taurus SE Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

I couldn't be happier.
By greg_wv

2006 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I needed a work car in a hurry after the previous one was totalled due to a deer collision. I've had this little gem for over 2 years now and I have to say it's the best work car I've ever had. Recently I decided to make a lifetime commitment to it, so replaced all 4 struts, plugs, wires, coil packs, front brakes and rotors. It needed a new A/C compressor and I gave it 4 Michelin defender tires. This baby rides like a brand new car! The mechanic told me "you realize you're putting 90,000 mile tires on this thing". I said yep, she's only got 105,000 miles on her and I'm in it 'till death do us part. That's how confident I am in this vehicle. I can see why Ford sold millions of these!

Comfort, roominess, the ability to have 4 passengers if needed. After all the work I've done on it, I am getting around 30 mpg on long trips. I am confident this car will last me another 100K miles.

A bit more adjustment to the seat on the SE model would be nice. I'd like to be able to raise the front of the seat a bit.

NEVER AGAIN!
By mindy15

2006 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This car has been nothing but a pile or crap. Bought it from a dealer with 49000 miles. Have had to replace the master cylinder for the breaks (3 mo. after owning it), transmission (5 mo after owning it), altnator (4 Mo after owing it). Was previously a business owned car should have been decent. Theres contantly something wrong with it and it leaves me stranded. The horsepower is crap compared to the 4 cylinder car I had previous. No Power! Don't hold its retail value. The only thing good about it was the price but, I need a vehical fast as my other was totaled in an accident. Never again!

The power locks, windows.

Needs a better sound system. More horse power and more reliablity.

Numerous water leaks...HELP!
By tdherder

2006 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My Taurus has been pretty reliable, although when it rains hard or is going through an auto car wash it gets water in the front passenger foot-well, through the rear passenger side seat belt winder in the back window, and also in the trunk. This make it awfully difficult to store valuables anywhere in the car without worry of water damage!! I would love to hear if anyone has remedies for this aside from taking it to a body shop, I'm a do it yourself-er.

Reliable

Make a car that doesn't leak so bad. The fuel economy on the hwy is so so, can't seem to get above 25 mpg. My 96 Buick 4 door averaged 30 mpg, being driven hard none the less! I do like the looks of the new Taurus but awful spendy!

outstanding vehicle
By collin_mcrae

2006 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

ive bought my ford taurus used with only 40,000 miles on it, it now has 74,000 miles on it and is still running strong ive no problems, just natural wear and tear on the brake pads and rotors, i drive it daily and handles very well on the freeway! it handles poorly in the snow, but other then that i have no issues with my transmission failing and have had it reqularly service every 3,000 miles. great car!

i like the ac and the stock radio unit it has installed and well as the optional cruise controll.

could use improvements on the brakes and turning radiaus.

Company Car
By taurus7

2006 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have been driving the Ford Taurus and Mercury Sable since 1989, company cars, I used to make fun of them unitl I had a BMW, the Taurus is bulletproof. Corporate America buys these cars because they are safe, low insurance rates, ample parts, and they are cheap to own. The only weak point on the car is the transmission. Granted company cars only have pedal to the floor, brake to the floor, but at 65k the transmissions will fail. I just bought a 2006 with 28k for personal use and asked the ford dealer for an extended warranty only the cover the tranny. My gas mileage averages about 22 city and 28-32 hwy, for a car of this size its amazing. My sons Scion is not much better. Great Car!

cost, reliability, comfort, ease of daily driver

transmission reliability