2006 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
NEVER AGAIN!
By mindy15 on 02/15/12 17:56 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This car has been nothing but a pile or crap. Bought it from a dealer with 49000 miles. Have had to replace the master cylinder for the breaks (3 mo. after owning it), transmission (5 mo after owning it), altnator (4 Mo after owing it). Was previously a business owned car should have been decent. Theres contantly something wrong with it and it leaves me stranded. The horsepower is crap compared to the 4 cylinder car I had previous. No Power! Don't hold its retail value. The only thing good about it was the price but, I need a vehical fast as my other was totaled in an accident. Never again!

Ford does it again
By ericgdenver on 09/04/11 20:08 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

'06 was a good year for the Taurus. Bought mine with 24K four years ago from a Dealership. I am at 118K now. It has received all the scheduled Maintenance services, including synthetic oil and Motorcraft filters. Typical brake/fluids/tire replacement. Just put on a new set of tires with alignment and had the AC serviced. The car performs as good as the day I bought it. The ride is still comfortable and the handling is tight and responsive. Great in the snow. No leaks of any kind that I know of. Edmunds has the TMV at $7,697.00, which I would agree with. It has been a very reliable car that has held its value. I plan on driving it to at least 150K. An excellent production year for Ford.

Numerous water leaks...HELP!
By tdherder on 08/11/11 16:50 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My Taurus has been pretty reliable, although when it rains hard or is going through an auto car wash it gets water in the front passenger foot-well, through the rear passenger side seat belt winder in the back window, and also in the trunk. This make it awfully difficult to store valuables anywhere in the car without worry of water damage!! I would love to hear if anyone has remedies for this aside from taking it to a body shop, I'm a do it yourself-er.

outstanding vehicle
By collin_mcrae on 03/31/11 01:44 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

ive bought my ford taurus used with only 40,000 miles on it, it now has 74,000 miles on it and is still running strong ive no problems, just natural wear and tear on the brake pads and rotors, i drive it daily and handles very well on the freeway! it handles poorly in the snow, but other then that i have no issues with my transmission failing and have had it reqularly service every 3,000 miles. great car!

Company Car
By taurus7 on 03/04/11 21:36 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have been driving the Ford Taurus and Mercury Sable since 1989, company cars, I used to make fun of them unitl I had a BMW, the Taurus is bulletproof. Corporate America buys these cars because they are safe, low insurance rates, ample parts, and they are cheap to own. The only weak point on the car is the transmission. Granted company cars only have pedal to the floor, brake to the floor, but at 65k the transmissions will fail. I just bought a 2006 with 28k for personal use and asked the ford dealer for an extended warranty only the cover the tranny. My gas mileage averages about 22 city and 28-32 hwy, for a car of this size its amazing. My sons Scion is not much better. Great Car!

Very Satisfied
By frank618 on 03/01/11 14:30 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I was given this car as a company car brand new, I drove it for 4 1/2 years and put 214,000 miles on it and ALL we had to do was brakes and 2 tie rod ends. The oil was changed every 3 to 4K miles. After my company retired this car, I was able to purchase it for my 16 year old daughter. After taking it to the shop to have it checked out, They told me that this car was a GREAT first car for my daughter and that everything was in really good shape!!!! the mechanic refered to this car as BULLET PROOF!!!

Wow, a taurus did that?
By Brent on 09/29/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is the first Ford I have ever bought. Truth be told, the only reason why I bought it was I got a good deal. I have it up to 165,000 miles now, and I have only replaced the alternator, tires, all brakes, and the radiator. Previous owner must of had a wreck, the radiator was damaged from an unknown accident. I don't count that against the Taurus though. I average 30-32 MPG! I drive 150 miles round trip everyday, all highway miles. It rides smooth with newer tires, and is somewhat comfortable. All in all, I think its an ugly car with a bland interior, but for 6500 bucks, I have driven the car 100,000 miles. I find that much more sexy than a loaded sports car.

My second Ford Taurus
By Mars on 09/26/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I just purchased my second 2006 Ford Taurus - never had any problems with the first as long as oil was changed every 3000 miles. Comfortable, roomy, easy to handle, V6 handles well, lots of things that work for a middle-aged woman who drives a lot. No complaints! Plenty of room for passengers, suitcases, and animal carriers.

Car is a slug for geezers
By Dave on 09/10/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I'm 65 but relating to cars I'm 25. I dumped the car within Two months. I purchased a 2006 Subaru WRX. superb acceleration, AWD great traction superb handling great looks. Not a geezer car like Buicks and Cadillacs. Rock On! Dave

Best car I have ever owned!
By Cindy on 08/09/10 19:23 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this car from a rental company and it had 12,000 miles on it. Today 4 1/2 years later we have over 190,000! MPG was 26 now 24.5 in town or hwy. Not bad for a mid size car. New tires, new battery (as needed) and reg 3000 mile oil changes (Synthetic oil only). Nothing else! This is a workhorse of a car! Love our Taurus!

1 2 3 4 5 next »

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.