2005 Taurus Transmission Nightmare
By sarany123 on
2005 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)
The car was great until this week! No issues at all, until going 70 mph on major highway and revved to 7,000rpms, lost all gears except park and neutral. No warning light, no noise. We could have been killed! Just paid $3,000 for new transmission on a car that just turned 65,000 miles. Called Ford to complain,they are sorry, but too bad! No powertrain warranty after 36,000 miles. No recalls on this year/model! Yet hundreds of complaints of same situation on internet. Ford does nothing! This is my first and last Ford!
Favorite Features
Looks nice, rides nice. Always loud, little barrier to outside noise or regular engine noise.
Suggested Improvements
A transmission that lasts longer than 65,000 miles! Powertrain warranty 100,000 miles minimum!
By notnero
on 07/14/12 23:26 PM (PDT)

I bought a Ford Taruss SE new in September of 2004. The transmission died on interstate 81 within 2 miles of our house. It was hard shifting intermittently between 1st and 2nd gear. The torque converter stripped the spline completley out. Had it towed to a national transmision shop franchise. After it was rebuilt last November, it has been back 3 times for at least two weeks each time. The valve body has been replaced the last two times, Took it out today for a 100 mile trip to try it out. Still hard shifting between gear 1 and 2. Heading back Monday to the shop and renting a car to get me by for this next week or two. This is my last ford. Any suggestions on what to do now. Junk yard transmission and the used car lot?

By sangi
on 02/11/11 04:15 AM (PST)

FORD YOU HAVE A PROBLEM!! I have lost all hope in Ford after all the problems I have had with the 2005 Ford Taurus. The throttle sticks (yes just like the current Toyota crisis) which is not good on the trasmission that is now acting up. I called FORD and yes, I got the same response as everyone else, sorry but too bad. Ford you are not fit as a car dealer if you do not back up your product, there are too many of us with the same problems with your unsafe junk. The America consumer is not stupid, we will but elsewhere. You should be ashamed, people drive their children and families in these junk heaps. If there are any good reviews on this car the people writing them have a lot of dissapointment to look forward to.