Great car for the money
By William on
2005 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)
I bought my 2005 Ford Taurus in August. When I got in it and started it up, I knew even before I left the dealership for the test drive, I wanted it. When I got out on the open road, it really had pick up, and the ride was so smooth. It has all the options I've ever seen in a car. This is my first midsize car, as all I've driven so far are Ford Escorts. I like the Escort too, my wife has a 2002 model. By far the Taurus is a real upgrade from the Escort. Although Ford is making 2006 the last year for the Taurus, I'll probably look into a Fusion, or a Freestyle when my wife is ready to trade her Escort. The gas mileage isn't as good as the Escort, but it's great when traveling.
Favorite Features
I like the keyless entry, and the audio system. I'm also impressed with the roominess, and comfort of the seats. The ride is extremely smooth, and quiet. The engine is quieter than my wife's Escort SE. Overall I love this vehicle.
Suggested Improvements
The gas mileage isn't quite what I expected, but then again, it has a 6 cylinder engine, as opposed to the 4 cylinder Escort. I seem to get about 19-22 miles per gallon in the city, and just a few more miles per gallon on the highway.