DON'T BUY FORD
By kimberly18 on
2005 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)
I have had nothing but trouble with this car since day 1!!! The paint is peeling off all over the car, forever replacing the brakes, the gauges don't work and to top it all off TRANSMUTATION went out !!! My car only has 80000 miles go figure.............ford seen me coming!! I would not recommend anyone to purchase a ford vehicle they DO NOT stand behind there vehicles. There have been too many complaints about the tarus alone and they will do nothing about them!!! I was on my way to my mothers radiation and the car just died no sign of nothing just won't go the cars engine runs but the car won't go!! To have it fixed its going to cost more then the value of the vehicle............
Favorite Features
moon-roof,cd player, air, leather seats,rear defroster
Suggested Improvements
DO some MAJOR work on the engine it needs IMPROVEMENTS!!!! this vehicle should have lasted longer than it has................ a very dissatisfied owner!!! sincerely, NOT HAPPY :(
By savanleon
on 08/11/12 10:31 AM (PDT)

I agree that the Taurus is kind of a rotten egg, I bought the same car you have, and the transmission gave out a few weeks ago. I am currently in the process of rebuilding it. However, just because the Taurus is known for transmission problems, that doesn't necessarily mean that all Ford cars are bad. I have a 2002 Ford Explorer Limited that has nearly 130,000 miles on it. I've never had a single problem with that car, despite using it to tow, off-road, and road trip. My Explorer still looks and feels brand new. I've also got a F-350 Powerstroke which has also been the most reliable heavy-hauler I've ever used. People may have problems with specific vehicles, but that doesn't every vehicle is a lemon. Ford still makes great products.