2005 Ford Taurus 3.0L V6 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Can't beat the value

2005 Ford Taurus - Consumer Review

Can't beat the value
By DJ on

2005 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Comfy (leather & power) seats, really smooth ride, quiet and good overall handling. Good ABS brakes and fwd is great in snow. Great hwy mpg at 27-29 with a/c going and going 75 mph! I bought this car because I had a 2001 Taurus I liked - person who bought it still drives it daily to work, no problems. I bought the 2005 SEL used for $13k with only 23k miles and only 2 yrs old. Much better deal than any Honda or Toyota, and it will cost me less overall, and not rattle like those foreign cars when it has 100k + miles on it. Great quality and value in this car! I like that its a sleeper - no cops. Old, middle aged or young, rich or poor, people can all drive this car and look OK doing so.

Favorite Features

The ride is so nice and seats are comfy (great on long trips) - the car does everything so well that it is an easy car to live with day in and day out. Great trunk space for groceries, sports activities. Seats 6 comfortably and again, gets great mileage for a big car. I like that its American made!

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of those loud noises that come on when 1.you start car and parking brake is still engaged or 2.your door is open, or 3.when passenger has yet to put their seatbelt on! Those beeps are downright annoying!