Big disappointment
By disappointed on
2005 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)
We bought this to replace our 1995 Taurus wagon, which I loved, and which would approach 30 mpg highway with careful driving. Well, the poor mileage (around 20 highway) was only the beginning of our disappointments. When we first bought the car, water would leak into the passenger floorboard every time it rained (up to a half-inch of standing water). It took the dealer 25 hours of labor to find all the leaks. Unfortunately, since then we have also lost roof brackets, the entire air conditioning system, the rear window hydraulic supports, the rear door latch, and multiple rust spots. I've never had a greater variety of problems with a single car. Good job, Ford. You've lost me.
Favorite Features
Color. (Discontinued, unfortunately, so I had to special-order touch-up paint for a three-year-old car!)
Suggested Improvements
It would be nice to have a car where the AC, the door latch, the paint job, the rear window supports and the roof rack would all last more than 3 years. Oh, and if it wouldn't start rusting visibly in three years, that would be nice, too.