2005 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
Impressive
By Deric on 07/10/05 19:18 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Since I was not exactly convinced this was the right choice for me in the beginning, I must say I have been extremely impressed with this vehicle. Recently I took it on a road trip to Kansas City. I couldn't believe this car boasted 26 miles to the gallon LOADED down, the A/C running full blast, and yet it still asked for more, giving me excellent passing power on the highway. It is comfortable and roomy.

2005 Taurus SE
By Robert on 05/06/05 15:56 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Just bought a former rental car with 18,700 miles. Good value. Not as fun or comfortable as my 1991 Taurus SHO with leather (best seats ever had), but I also paid $7k less driveout 14 years later. Pretty comfortable except - I tried really hard to find a comfortable seat after having a lack of thigh support on '96 Olds 88 & '00 Buick Park Ave. The Taurus fooled me on the test drives (see below). MPG does not appear to quite what I hoped but not too bad. Checked last night using info computer. With A/C and cruise control on - 55 mph=27 mpg, 65 mph=24.5 mpg, 70 mph=23 mpg.

Ford Has a Better Idea
By Tony Tavares on 04/28/05 01:17 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This car is very reliable, a good performer, and well made. As good as any Honda, Toyota, or Nissan. I liked my first one so well, a 1998 model, I went out and bought another one. I didn't even look at anything else. My daughter bought a 2005 Nissan Altima and it doesn't ride any better than the Taurus, and cost a lot more money. The buttons on the radio stick badly in cold weather on the Nissan.

I Love My Taurus
By K. Knolls on 04/21/05 00:24 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I think imports are becoming very over-rated. I thought the Taurus handled great compared to the other models I tried and I've had no trouble with it whatsoever!

Taurus review
By JohnnyVero on 03/31/05 20:05 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My only complaint is that the brakes don't have the stopping ability that most cars have; they feel spongy. Otherwise I like everything else about the car.

I love this car
By Rod on 03/23/05 13:30 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The ride and look of this car really sold me on buying it. I had a 2002 model and traded for a Ford Escape. What a mistake! I thought I needed a SUV for pulling a trailer and a couple of 4 wheelers. The ride and cabin noise really turned me off with the Escape. I traded back for the Taurus and will not make that mistake again. I will buy a F-150 if I need a truck for towing. I feel so much safer in the Taurus.

Bad car
By Toyota on 02/25/05 13:49 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This Ford always breaks down. The pickup is okay on this v8. The car gets an average of 14 MPG city 17 MPG highway. The Taurus has a smooth ride yet not as smooth as my wife's wonderful brand new Honda Accord. The Taurus has a good stereo with cheap low quallity leather. So far, I have been in the shop 2 times in 4 months and 14,000 miles.

good value
By mike v on 02/24/05 16:15 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Taurus in march '04 with ABS, SE preferred equipment package, 6 disc CD player. Use car mostly for work. Very reliable. Nice ride on open highway. Put 20,000 miles on it - no problems. Best 15 grand I ever spent on a new car.

A great car
By Michael on 02/12/05 10:33 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This Taurus has been terrific so far. For those looking for a reliable, comfortable vehicle with the backing of Ford, this is it. No problems so far. I will probably keep this car for the duration.

Lots of value for your money
By kddid98 on 12/15/04 13:33 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car new in March 2003. I chose the SEL premium package and I'm glad I did. It's got both a sporty flair and a touch of luxury. Friends have commented that it is a beautiful car and are surprised when they hear what I paid for it. It's a lot of car with a small price.