2005 Ford Taurus Sedan Consumer Reviews 6

2005 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
2nd Taurus in family
By John O. on 08/23/05 15:13 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I really didn't know which car I should get for commuter car. I drive about 30k per year and with cost of gas needed something to get 25+. This car fills that need nicely. Ok sound system, solid quiet ride, roomy trunk. As commuter cars go, this one rocks.

;)
By Deric on 07/30/05 15:44 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I would buy again. I was reluctant to purchase this vehicle, but did it anyway. I have to say I was wrong. I have been most impressed with my experience. Recently I took it on a 1200 mile road trip. Wow ... 26 miles to the gallon (that was with a full load and the air conditioning full blast the entire way) and yet it still had plenty of passing power on the highway!

2005 My Ford Taurus
By Philip Sanders on 07/25/05 08:56 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My 2005 Ford Taurus is comfortable and well appointed. It also handles well. It is the third Taurus I have owned.

Very nice car
By Taurus on 07/17/05 17:55 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have only had the car a short time but so far, I'm very impressed. Very nice car for the money!

Impressive
By Deric on 07/10/05 19:18 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Since I was not exactly convinced this was the right choice for me in the beginning, I must say I have been extremely impressed with this vehicle. Recently I took it on a road trip to Kansas City. I couldn't believe this car boasted 26 miles to the gallon LOADED down, the A/C running full blast, and yet it still asked for more, giving me excellent passing power on the highway. It is comfortable and roomy.

2005 Taurus SE
By Robert on 05/06/05 15:56 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Just bought a former rental car with 18,700 miles. Good value. Not as fun or comfortable as my 1991 Taurus SHO with leather (best seats ever had), but I also paid $7k less driveout 14 years later. Pretty comfortable except - I tried really hard to find a comfortable seat after having a lack of thigh support on '96 Olds 88 & '00 Buick Park Ave. The Taurus fooled me on the test drives (see below). MPG does not appear to quite what I hoped but not too bad. Checked last night using info computer. With A/C and cruise control on - 55 mph=27 mpg, 65 mph=24.5 mpg, 70 mph=23 mpg.

I Love My Taurus
By K. Knolls on 04/21/05 00:24 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I think imports are becoming very over-rated. I thought the Taurus handled great compared to the other models I tried and I've had no trouble with it whatsoever!

Taurus review
By JohnnyVero on 03/31/05 20:05 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My only complaint is that the brakes don't have the stopping ability that most cars have; they feel spongy. Otherwise I like everything else about the car.

I love this car
By Rod on 03/23/05 13:30 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The ride and look of this car really sold me on buying it. I had a 2002 model and traded for a Ford Escape. What a mistake! I thought I needed a SUV for pulling a trailer and a couple of 4 wheelers. The ride and cabin noise really turned me off with the Escape. I traded back for the Taurus and will not make that mistake again. I will buy a F-150 if I need a truck for towing. I feel so much safer in the Taurus.

Bad car
By Toyota on 02/25/05 13:49 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This Ford always breaks down. The pickup is okay on this v8. The car gets an average of 14 MPG city 17 MPG highway. The Taurus has a smooth ride yet not as smooth as my wife's wonderful brand new Honda Accord. The Taurus has a good stereo with cheap low quallity leather. So far, I have been in the shop 2 times in 4 months and 14,000 miles.