Used 2005 Ford Taurus SE Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

2005 Ford Taurus FFV SE Sedan
By LS1Heli

2005 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this car from a private seller and glad I did. I actually run it all of the time on E85 Ethanol. I have the 3.0L Vulcan Flex-Fuel version. The car is smooth, quiet, and has been extremely reliable. Not one thing has broken on this car. Performance increase in E85 has been noticeable as well as the decrease in fuel economy because of it's use. I suggest that if your looking for a nice 4DR take a look at this one while removing the "import blinder". Much better than any Honda or Toyota!!

FFV E85 engine (no more oil support from me!), instrument panel, look, quiet and smoothness the car.

Increase fuel mileage. More power from base engine.

Taurus Lover
By Thomas

2005 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Very clean, crisp corners on this Taurus. Previously owned a 1991 Taurus (Tortoise) as I called it. I love the look and feel of the Taurus. I will buy another but, I will keep this one for some time and enjoy it. Lots of room, very quiet. An all around great car for the money. I would recommend a Taurus to everyone. I wouldn't give this car up for a Camry or Avalon or whatever. I will stick with the Taurus. This is my Cadillac!

No family car look to it, a sporty sedan. Strong response on the throttle when you need it. Lots and lots of interior room. A great car and I hope that Ford keeps making them for years to come.

More publicity, make this car stand out above every other vehicle.

2005 SE
By 2005 Taurus SE

2005 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this car after having a Taurus prior to this. It's a great roomy vehicle for the price. No other car in it's class seems to have the same price range, spaciousness, or fuel economy. The seats are not as comfortable as my older Taurus although more comfortable than the Camry. I drive lots and my back and behind my knees are very sore from the design of the seats.

Auto headlights

Please fix the comfort of the seats.

2005 TAURUS SE
By Dan J

2005 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought it used as a previous program car with 27,000 miles. Got a great deal! This car has been worth every dollar. Great second car to run around in. Also purchased a extended warranty, kinda sad that I did, it has not been needed thus far. I just do routine maintenance and drive it. Could have paid $4-5k more for a Honda or Toyota, WHY? This car gets the job done!

This car has great acceleration for in town driving. It handles well, roomy trunk. Great creature comfort features as well.

Gas mileage could be better 19-20 city, I get better mileage out of a '92 Firebird with a V-8 I drive for fun. Seems the US automakers are going backwards in the economy field. Could do without the road noise.

Smart Buy
By Bill T.

2005 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The used '05 Taurus SE that I had purchased from dealer had approximately 25,000 miles on odometer upon delivery. Vehicle looked and felt brand new. I'm very satisfied with the firm but smooth ride, comfort of the power drivers seat, great base stereo/cd system, and especially the very quick acceleration that the Vulcan V-6 has on the open highway. It's not your 24 valve Duratec engine that reeks for traction from a standing start to finish, but a very respectable engine within its own design. I had a slight shimmy in front wheels upon delivery, but proper wheel balancing corrected that problem. Build quality appears second to none, and so far, I'm very pleased with the vehicle and my purchase.

Exterior perimeter lighting, great sounding base stereo/cd system, power drivers seat, power and durability of the Vulcan V-6.

Exterior color selections, choice of tires from factory (Continental Tires) a minus, more inspiring instrumentation gauges and dash panel design. Headlights appear to be a little weak for night-time driving.