2005 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
Great car for the money
By William on 12/24/05 13:43 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 2005 Ford Taurus in August. When I got in it and started it up, I knew even before I left the dealership for the test drive, I wanted it. When I got out on the open road, it really had pick up, and the ride was so smooth. It has all the options I've ever seen in a car. This is my first midsize car, as all I've driven so far are Ford Escorts. I like the Escort too, my wife has a 2002 model. By far the Taurus is a real upgrade from the Escort. Although Ford is making 2006 the last year for the Taurus, I'll probably look into a Fusion, or a Freestyle when my wife is ready to trade her Escort. The gas mileage isn't as good as the Escort, but it's great when traveling.

2005 vs 1999
By Sue on 11/12/05 00:01 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

It seems I get more miles from a tank of gas compared to my 1999 Taurus. The interior control panel not good-the speedometer is blocked by steering wheel on right and right hand or have to tilt wheel up higher to be able to view speedometer. Don't feel like I have the head room compared to the 1999- sitting close enough for pedals and steering wheel my head is very close to visor. Feels like less space in front seat.

Not a Good Vehicle
By Not a Good Vehicle on 11/03/05 20:07 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have had the car for about a month and we have been having problems running the E-85. It is a FFV and we still are getting terrible gas mileage -- only 19-20 and we can't get it to start most mornings. I have been to many dealers discussing the problem and not one dealership can give me a straight answer. My suggestion is to everyone to never purchase the E-85 Ford Taurus as they get terrible gas mileage and have major problems starting at even 62 degrees Fahrenheit.

2005 SE Wagon
By Chau on 10/17/05 15:58 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

It drives well, tracks down the road very confidently, and has a good steering centering ability. Car feels solid and secure. The car is quiet at highway speeds. There are many features that come standard on this model: keyless entry, strut hood supports, 16 inch wheels/tires, liftgate opening glass, rear window wiper/washer, roof rack, 50/50 split folding second row seats, AM/FM stereo cassette, air conditioning, automatic transaxle, and floor mats.

Great Deal for the Money
By ray on 09/01/05 10:11 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the car from a new car dealer's used car lot with close to 15K on it. It was a super deal and the car's ride is smooth with adequate leg room. The design of the car and associated option package was excellent.

2nd Taurus in family
By John O. on 08/23/05 15:13 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I really didn't know which car I should get for commuter car. I drive about 30k per year and with cost of gas needed something to get 25+. This car fills that need nicely. Ok sound system, solid quiet ride, roomy trunk. As commuter cars go, this one rocks.

last of the Taurus SEL Wagons
By chris p on 08/09/05 15:05 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Have had 30 days. Great features -- moon roof, MACH stereo, great ease of audio and climate systems. Good highway mpg = 27. Only issue -- at 900 miles appeared to have transmission fluid leak, but dealer said it was over filled at factory. Hopefully no more remaining issues.

;)
By Deric on 07/30/05 15:44 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I would buy again. I was reluctant to purchase this vehicle, but did it anyway. I have to say I was wrong. I have been most impressed with my experience. Recently I took it on a 1200 mile road trip. Wow ... 26 miles to the gallon (that was with a full load and the air conditioning full blast the entire way) and yet it still had plenty of passing power on the highway!

2005 My Ford Taurus
By Philip Sanders on 07/25/05 08:56 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My 2005 Ford Taurus is comfortable and well appointed. It also handles well. It is the third Taurus I have owned.

Very nice car
By Taurus on 07/17/05 17:55 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have only had the car a short time but so far, I'm very impressed. Very nice car for the money!