Used 2005 Ford Taurus Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

2005 Ford Taurus Sedan

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

Exceeds Expectations
By mppppm

2005 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought used three years ago with 22,000 miles. Now has 96K + and I've had no problems at all. It averages 27 mpg highway. I haven't even done routine maintenance - just regular oil changes, a new battery and plugs ... and it keeps on going. I love this car!

Favorite Features

Reliability. Stable in all kinds of weather. Comfortable seating front and back.

Suggested Improvements

Maybe less wind noise. Sound system could be better.

2005 Taurus
By big_big_jon

2005 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I never really liked Fords but this Taurus is great the only way it could be better would be if it had the DOHC 24 valve. it get's great gas milage. I'm gettig about 26 mpg which is better than I expected out of it. I've had no major problems with it. I love the car.

Favorite Features

My favorite fearture would have to be the fact that it has enough interior space and the power to move it.

Suggested Improvements

Improvement would have to be a more powerful engine

Worth every penny
By Good to Go

2005 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought with 7k miles, it now has almost 130k and without any mechanical issues along the way. Car was a great buy for the money and has been very reliable to date. Fuel economy has been pretty good as well. Overall a well built vehicle that was thousands less than the competition.

Suggested Improvements

Reduce road noise

Don't Buy Flex-Fuel Version
By desoto44

2005 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this as a program car with 22,000 miles on it in October 2005. My biggest complaint is the poor mileage of the flex fuel version. I was very satisfied with a nearly identical (regular fuel only) 99 Taurus I owned. The 99 Taurus got about 20 city/ 26 highway MPG. This car struggles to get 20 MPG on the highway. I took it back to the dealer and the explanation was flex fuel cars are designed to run hotter and thus use more fuel. In short, there was nothing that could be done to improve the 20-25% drop in MPG. Other than that I like everything else about the car, but I would not have purchased this car had I known about the comparatively terrible MPG.

Favorite Features

Styling, interior room, reliability, quality.

Suggested Improvements

Poor mileage. Ride could be a little smoother.

TTU Fan
By drc1

2005 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have just traded for an '05 Taurus. First one I've had. Bought it used with 57,000 miles. Looks like all of the reviews are great. Looks like no one had any transmission problems. That always a concern when buying a used car. It rides great and getting 18mpg so far. Not too bad. Partly in town and out. Got a great trade in deal. Seems like the Taurus does have have a good trade in value. Bought it at the end of the month. Maybe that was the reason.

Favorite Features

Cup holders, engine performance, dash panel.

Suggested Improvements

None so far