2005 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
Great car, great value, and very solid
By RyanMartin on 06/07/06 11:55 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I put about 23-27k miles a year on my car and it has been extremely solid. Cheap car to begin with, but build quality of a higher line. I passed 67,000 miles yesterday and it runs like new. I get approximately 26-28 mpg on the highway and the V6 has lots of get up and go. My last Taurus was sold for $1800 after 10 years of driving and 215,000 miles; they are excellent transportation vehicles. Much better value than Camry or Accord.

My 2005 Taurus SE
By Rod on 05/03/06 16:23 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this vehicle in February. My driving experience has been very pleasant thus far. The ride of this car is smooth. It's quite roomy for a sedan. Try to get the 24 valve DOHC Duratech engine instead of the 12 valve Vulcan engine if you can. The former has quiet a bit more HP.

Nice car for the money
By Bill on 04/26/06 12:40 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Traded in the minivan for a sedan, mainly to improve gas mileage. We were averaging about 20 mpg with van, and about 21.5 on the Taurus after about a week; not a whole lot better, but at least it's not worse. The interior of the Taurus is nice with two-tone leather and a moon roof, definitely nice extras - makes losing the extra space in the van a little easier to take. Really like the vehicle so far - smooth ride, good acceleration, and good brakes. It has the Flex Fuel engine, but there's only one station in my area with e85 fuel, and they charge the same as regular unleaded, so that wasn't necessarily a selling point for me. Would recommend purchase of this vehicle.

Impressive for the price
By Pat on 03/10/06 00:57 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Very roomy, comfortable, solid, quiet ride. Hides the bumps very well and has a sporty exterior look. Handles much better than the reviews I've read. I'm impressed with all the features for the money.

first new car, 2nd time on a Taurus
By NEW CAR on 12/29/05 17:05 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Overall not a bad little car. already replacing right speakers, they went bad. also there is really no power between 3rd and 4th gear on hwy. going like 40 to 60 takes forever. gas mileage could be better. lots of room for tall people. love the lights on mirrors, 4-speaker system not as nice as the 6. only had my 05 SEL for 3 months.

Great car for the money
By William on 12/24/05 13:43 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 2005 Ford Taurus in August. When I got in it and started it up, I knew even before I left the dealership for the test drive, I wanted it. When I got out on the open road, it really had pick up, and the ride was so smooth. It has all the options I've ever seen in a car. This is my first midsize car, as all I've driven so far are Ford Escorts. I like the Escort too, my wife has a 2002 model. By far the Taurus is a real upgrade from the Escort. Although Ford is making 2006 the last year for the Taurus, I'll probably look into a Fusion, or a Freestyle when my wife is ready to trade her Escort. The gas mileage isn't as good as the Escort, but it's great when traveling.

2005 vs 1999
By Sue on 11/12/05 00:01 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

It seems I get more miles from a tank of gas compared to my 1999 Taurus. The interior control panel not good-the speedometer is blocked by steering wheel on right and right hand or have to tilt wheel up higher to be able to view speedometer. Don't feel like I have the head room compared to the 1999- sitting close enough for pedals and steering wheel my head is very close to visor. Feels like less space in front seat.

Not a Good Vehicle
By Not a Good Vehicle on 11/03/05 20:07 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have had the car for about a month and we have been having problems running the E-85. It is a FFV and we still are getting terrible gas mileage -- only 19-20 and we can't get it to start most mornings. I have been to many dealers discussing the problem and not one dealership can give me a straight answer. My suggestion is to everyone to never purchase the E-85 Ford Taurus as they get terrible gas mileage and have major problems starting at even 62 degrees Fahrenheit.

Great Deal for the Money
By ray on 09/01/05 10:11 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the car from a new car dealer's used car lot with close to 15K on it. It was a super deal and the car's ride is smooth with adequate leg room. The design of the car and associated option package was excellent.

2nd Taurus in family
By John O. on 08/23/05 15:13 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I really didn't know which car I should get for commuter car. I drive about 30k per year and with cost of gas needed something to get 25+. This car fills that need nicely. Ok sound system, solid quiet ride, roomy trunk. As commuter cars go, this one rocks.