2005 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
2005 My Ford Taurus
By Philip Sanders on 07/25/05 08:56 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My 2005 Ford Taurus is comfortable and well appointed. It also handles well. It is the third Taurus I have owned.

Very nice car
By Taurus on 07/17/05 17:55 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have only had the car a short time but so far, I'm very impressed. Very nice car for the money!

Impressive
By Deric on 07/10/05 19:18 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Since I was not exactly convinced this was the right choice for me in the beginning, I must say I have been extremely impressed with this vehicle. Recently I took it on a road trip to Kansas City. I couldn't believe this car boasted 26 miles to the gallon LOADED down, the A/C running full blast, and yet it still asked for more, giving me excellent passing power on the highway. It is comfortable and roomy.

2005 Taurus SE
By Robert on 05/06/05 15:56 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Just bought a former rental car with 18,700 miles. Good value. Not as fun or comfortable as my 1991 Taurus SHO with leather (best seats ever had), but I also paid $7k less driveout 14 years later. Pretty comfortable except - I tried really hard to find a comfortable seat after having a lack of thigh support on '96 Olds 88 & '00 Buick Park Ave. The Taurus fooled me on the test drives (see below). MPG does not appear to quite what I hoped but not too bad. Checked last night using info computer. With A/C and cruise control on - 55 mph=27 mpg, 65 mph=24.5 mpg, 70 mph=23 mpg.

I love this car
By Rod on 03/23/05 13:30 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The ride and look of this car really sold me on buying it. I had a 2002 model and traded for a Ford Escape. What a mistake! I thought I needed a SUV for pulling a trailer and a couple of 4 wheelers. The ride and cabin noise really turned me off with the Escape. I traded back for the Taurus and will not make that mistake again. I will buy a F-150 if I need a truck for towing. I feel so much safer in the Taurus.

good value
By mike v on 02/24/05 16:15 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Taurus in march '04 with ABS, SE preferred equipment package, 6 disc CD player. Use car mostly for work. Very reliable. Nice ride on open highway. Put 20,000 miles on it - no problems. Best 15 grand I ever spent on a new car.

great car and fun to drive
By xxsweetazsinxx on 09/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

very reliable and depenable car comfort affordable and beautiful

Not bad for the money
By RandyM on 08/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is my third Taurus (1994, 1999, 2003). No major reliability problems. Very few minor ones. The 2003's handling isn't as good as the '99's, but it is roomy, comfortable, and well built. Safety ratings are impressive. Base Vulcan engine is a little weak at mid-range with AC on, but I'm not convinced the DOHC optional engine is dramatically better. My early 2003 has a lot of goodies such as puddle lights under the outside mirrors, a windshield tint bar, chrome inside door handles, and reasonably good interior materials. Ford nixed these and others on late '03's and the '04's. My friends like the car's styling and interior room.

Ford Taurus
By Alex Lang on 07/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

It drives very smooth you can't feel many bumps in the road. It also has been very dependable and doesn't have that bad of gas milege.

It's a typical Ford
By Katey on 06/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Gas mileage is PITIFUL!! 16.5/city, 17.8/hwy -- AND the gas gauge needle would not go all the way to FULL -- very aggravating! And no OOMPH!! Very "bogged down" when getting onto xprsway. Other than that, it is comfortable, lots of leg room ALL around. Radio isn't the greatest... Air/defrost fan works well; rear defrost coils don't. The pull up/apart feature of the armrest/cup holder, etc. (between the front seats) is not very well designed -- too many little spaces to keep clean. And the "pull tabs" on the back seats to "enlarge" cargo room (or hide small possessions from view easily??) are silly and very obvious!