2005 Ford Taurus Consumer Reviews 5

2005 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

2005 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
Smart Buy
By Bill T. on 02/09/07 18:09 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The used '05 Taurus SE that I had purchased from dealer had approximately 25,000 miles on odometer upon delivery. Vehicle looked and felt brand new. I'm very satisfied with the firm but smooth ride, comfort of the power drivers seat, great base stereo/cd system, and especially the very quick acceleration that the Vulcan V-6 has on the open highway. It's not your 24 valve Duratec engine that reeks for traction from a standing start to finish, but a very respectable engine within its own design. I had a slight shimmy in front wheels upon delivery, but proper wheel balancing corrected that problem. Build quality appears second to none, and so far, I'm very pleased with the vehicle and my purchase.

Sufficient transportation
By Ray on 12/01/06 17:58 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I just purchased a former loaner car from the dealer to replace my Grand-Am that became more of an liability than an asset. The Taurus rides smoothly and comfortably. Most people who have had this car say positive things, so I hope my experience is just as good. I originally wanted a pre-owned Focus, but when I test drove the Taurus, I fell in love with it. Hope to get a long life from it.

Great Car!
By Deidre on 08/08/06 08:19 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased a Taurus in the in mid-2005 and couldn't be happier. It has nice torque for its class and has great styling. Decent, not great fuel economy. Overall great value!

Best car we've owned
By Mike on 07/13/06 19:07 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This car is so roomy and quiet that if you're not driving it, you will fall asleep. The trunk is huge. I feel a lot safer in this car than our previous one.

Good car for the money
By Sally E on 07/03/06 07:48 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Really good bargain for the money. I bought it new and have had no problems whatsoever. First Ford I've owned, and will most likely buy another one.

Great car, great value, and very solid
By RyanMartin on 06/07/06 11:55 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I put about 23-27k miles a year on my car and it has been extremely solid. Cheap car to begin with, but build quality of a higher line. I passed 67,000 miles yesterday and it runs like new. I get approximately 26-28 mpg on the highway and the V6 has lots of get up and go. My last Taurus was sold for $1800 after 10 years of driving and 215,000 miles; they are excellent transportation vehicles. Much better value than Camry or Accord.

My 2005 Taurus SE
By Rod on 05/03/06 16:23 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this vehicle in February. My driving experience has been very pleasant thus far. The ride of this car is smooth. It's quite roomy for a sedan. Try to get the 24 valve DOHC Duratech engine instead of the 12 valve Vulcan engine if you can. The former has quiet a bit more HP.

Nice car for the money
By Bill on 04/26/06 12:40 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Traded in the minivan for a sedan, mainly to improve gas mileage. We were averaging about 20 mpg with van, and about 21.5 on the Taurus after about a week; not a whole lot better, but at least it's not worse. The interior of the Taurus is nice with two-tone leather and a moon roof, definitely nice extras - makes losing the extra space in the van a little easier to take. Really like the vehicle so far - smooth ride, good acceleration, and good brakes. It has the Flex Fuel engine, but there's only one station in my area with e85 fuel, and they charge the same as regular unleaded, so that wasn't necessarily a selling point for me. Would recommend purchase of this vehicle.

Impressive for the price
By Pat on 03/10/06 00:57 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Very roomy, comfortable, solid, quiet ride. Hides the bumps very well and has a sporty exterior look. Handles much better than the reviews I've read. I'm impressed with all the features for the money.

first new car, 2nd time on a Taurus
By NEW CAR on 12/29/05 17:05 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Overall not a bad little car. already replacing right speakers, they went bad. also there is really no power between 3rd and 4th gear on hwy. going like 40 to 60 takes forever. gas mileage could be better. lots of room for tall people. love the lights on mirrors, 4-speaker system not as nice as the 6. only had my 05 SEL for 3 months.