Used 2005 Ford Taurus SE Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

this is a horrible car
By lou

2005 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

i bought this car in 2005 at time had 22,000 on it. At 61,000 the transmission went out on it to the cost of $2,000. The mpg is horrible. I got oil changed every 3,000 and took good care of this car. it is the worst thing i have ever owned.

um none

everything

Best used car I've ever owned
By photowiz

2005 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this 2005 Taurus SE as a one owner used car with 60,000 miles. It has been driven daily and now has 122,000 in less than 2 years. It performs beautifully and has yet to let me down. I'm getting average 27 mpg and approaches 30 on the highway!. I switched to full synthetic oil when I bought it and use injector cleaner gas additive regularly. Engine power band is smooth and low end torque is impressive for a 3.0 liter engine. I live in a fairly mountainous area and the only thing that annoys me is the drain in power when running the AC on hot days. Fuel mileage drops about 2.5 mpg, which is more than my other vehicles. All in all I'm going to drive the wheels of this one. Great car.

Ride, comfort and layout of interior and cockpit instruments. Very roomy back seating and trunk. Fuel economy is great for a V6. Oil filter location makes it easy to change the oil yourself. Console between front seats is a really good design.

AC saps power and torque on hot days. One more DC power outlet would be useful.

Nice car if had better engine and trans
By taurusowner30

2005 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This car was purchased with only 2- 3000 miles on it. At 1st it ran great with little to no problems. As soon as it hit the limit of the warranty then the problems started. 1st it was little things. Then the transmission went out. Now I am about to replace the transmission again for the 3rd time. This car would be an excellent car if it would have been built better. Ford needs to be ashamed of itself for building such a good looking car and such a bad engine. No wonder American cars have fallen so far behind foreign cars.

Exterior design is timeless

Engine and Transmission

2005 Taurus
By big_big_jon

2005 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I never really liked Fords but this Taurus is great the only way it could be better would be if it had the DOHC 24 valve. it get's great gas milage. I'm gettig about 26 mpg which is better than I expected out of it. I've had no major problems with it. I love the car.

My favorite fearture would have to be the fact that it has enough interior space and the power to move it.

Improvement would have to be a more powerful engine

Worth every penny
By Good to Go

2005 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought with 7k miles, it now has almost 130k and without any mechanical issues along the way. Car was a great buy for the money and has been very reliable to date. Fuel economy has been pretty good as well. Overall a well built vehicle that was thousands less than the competition.

Reduce road noise