2005 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
First Taurus
By First time owner on 09/01/08 05:07 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Transmission replaced at 26,000. New Ball joints at 30,000, brakes repaired twice, electrical problem with transmission, all repaired under warranty. Ford dealership that did the work was really good. If I buy a Ford again it will be because of the dealership. Car appears ok now, bought it used with 10,000 miles on it so it may have had rough use. Car is a little noisy on the highway, rear side visibility somewhat restricted. Car air and heat work good. Mileage about 27 to 30 on highway.

I was warned
By Gary on 08/02/08 06:05 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this used with 12000 miles and still under factory warranty. AC wasn't working, needed seal put in. Gas gauge started to flucuate between empty and full along with display message of fuel comp error. Took 4 trips to dealership to fix. Once when I was discussing with a customer his scan tool he had sent in for repair at my job I mentioned I tested his tool on my Taurus. He said, " your tranny and one motor mount will go bad". 6 months later tranny went out at 36200 miles. Ford dealership said it was a stripped pump shaft in torque converter. I get about 29-30 mpg highway with the 3.0L six, but just don't trust the car anymore, will probably trade it soon.

No More Fords!
By ShaylaD on 07/14/08 11:40 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this car in July of 2005 with about 20,000 miles on it. I needed something dependable so I figured that this was a great choice. I've always loved the way that bigger cars handled and I liked the look of the car. Worst car purchase so far. I had to replace the transmission at 70,000 miles(I got lucky, other consumers had to replace theirs at 40,000 miles), the air compressor and serpentine belt at around 40,000.

Very Bad Choice
By Betty on 03/23/08 05:12 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought new 2005 Ford Taurus SE with flex fuel engine. Can't run e85 fuel transmission. Began to slip under 30,000k, water leak onto front passenger floor. Every 2005 to 2007 Ford Taurus I inspected had water under carpet on front passenger floor board causing a musty smell and metal rust. Very poor mpg 18 average.

2005 Ford Taurus FFV SE Sedan
By LS1Heli on 01/28/08 10:26 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this car from a private seller and glad I did. I actually run it all of the time on E85 Ethanol. I have the 3.0L Vulcan Flex-Fuel version. The car is smooth, quiet, and has been extremely reliable. Not one thing has broken on this car. Performance increase in E85 has been noticeable as well as the decrease in fuel economy because of it's use. I suggest that if your looking for a nice 4DR take a look at this one while removing the "import blinder". Much better than any Honda or Toyota!!

Taurus Lover
By Thomas on 10/29/07 11:02 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Very clean, crisp corners on this Taurus. Previously owned a 1991 Taurus (Tortoise) as I called it. I love the look and feel of the Taurus. I will buy another but, I will keep this one for some time and enjoy it. Lots of room, very quiet. An all around great car for the money. I would recommend a Taurus to everyone. I wouldn't give this car up for a Camry or Avalon or whatever. I will stick with the Taurus. This is my Cadillac!

2005 SE
By 2005 Taurus SE on 10/01/07 15:51 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this car after having a Taurus prior to this. It's a great roomy vehicle for the price. No other car in it's class seems to have the same price range, spaciousness, or fuel economy. The seats are not as comfortable as my older Taurus although more comfortable than the Camry. I drive lots and my back and behind my knees are very sore from the design of the seats.

2005 TAURUS SE
By Dan J on 02/12/07 10:16 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought it used as a previous program car with 27,000 miles. Got a great deal! This car has been worth every dollar. Great second car to run around in. Also purchased a extended warranty, kinda sad that I did, it has not been needed thus far. I just do routine maintenance and drive it. Could have paid $4-5k more for a Honda or Toyota, WHY? This car gets the job done!

Smart Buy
By Bill T. on 02/09/07 18:09 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The used '05 Taurus SE that I had purchased from dealer had approximately 25,000 miles on odometer upon delivery. Vehicle looked and felt brand new. I'm very satisfied with the firm but smooth ride, comfort of the power drivers seat, great base stereo/cd system, and especially the very quick acceleration that the Vulcan V-6 has on the open highway. It's not your 24 valve Duratec engine that reeks for traction from a standing start to finish, but a very respectable engine within its own design. I had a slight shimmy in front wheels upon delivery, but proper wheel balancing corrected that problem. Build quality appears second to none, and so far, I'm very pleased with the vehicle and my purchase.

Sufficient transportation
By Ray on 12/01/06 17:58 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I just purchased a former loaner car from the dealer to replace my Grand-Am that became more of an liability than an asset. The Taurus rides smoothly and comfortably. Most people who have had this car say positive things, so I hope my experience is just as good. I originally wanted a pre-owned Focus, but when I test drove the Taurus, I fell in love with it. Hope to get a long life from it.