Used 2005 Ford Taurus Sedan Consumer Reviews - 75 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

2005 Taurus Transmission Nightmare
By sarany123

2005 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The car was great until this week! No issues at all, until going 70 mph on major highway and revved to 7,000rpms, lost all gears except park and neutral. No warning light, no noise. We could have been killed! Just paid $3,000 for new transmission on a car that just turned 65,000 miles. Called Ford to complain,they are sorry, but too bad! No powertrain warranty after 36,000 miles. No recalls on this year/model! Yet hundreds of complaints of same situation on internet. Ford does nothing! This is my first and last Ford!

Looks nice, rides nice. Always loud, little barrier to outside noise or regular engine noise.

A transmission that lasts longer than 65,000 miles! Powertrain warranty 100,000 miles minimum!

Paint literally dissolving off of hood!
By Paula Odom

2005 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Within the last six months, the paint on my hood is literally dissolving away to bare metal. The vehicle drinks gas, the floor board leaks water into the car when it rains, the carpeting is terrible and the transmission is going out. This is probably the worse vehicle I have ever owned. I'll never buy another Ford again!

Good car
By Rick

2005 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Have put 30,000 miles since buying it used. This is a well built car comfortable for 5. We get 29-30 mpg on the the road_21-22 in the city. No problems at all. However I wouldn't expect any with 47,000 miles. All in all am very satisfied

Comfort, Plenty of power and good gas mileage.

none

Still a Ford fan
By Jackie

2005 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Taurus in 2007 with about 40K miles on it. Gas mileage ranging from 15 mpg to 18 mpg. No anti-lock brakes. After about a year I started having problems with the throttle sticking, the car continues to accelerate after I remove my foot from the gas pedal. The pedal is not sticking. O2 sensors 1 and 4 went out and the car misfires and occasionally stalls when backing up, or during slow turning (like pulling into a parking spot). I was quoted about $400 to replace both o2 sensors, then another couple hundred to diagnose the other problems. Car is getting repo'd, I lost my job and cannot afford to fix the car.

Awesome trunk space. Roomy & comfortable cabin.

Make anti-lock brakes standard equipment on all vehicles!

I like my car taurus
By irfan

2005 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car in August 2009 with 74,500 miles though it's damaged from one side and mechanical problems when i got this car, i just changed the battery and the wheels in winter. Nothing else. Now 86k. No problem at all. Never went to mechanic. Reliable in any weather conditions. Ac works perfectly.

Interior is so large you feel free and comfort while driving. At that price the most luxurious and most reliable and powerful car among others.

cd player,