Used 2005 Ford Taurus SE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

I like my car taurus
By irfan

2005 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car in August 2009 with 74,500 miles though it's damaged from one side and mechanical problems when i got this car, i just changed the battery and the wheels in winter. Nothing else. Now 86k. No problem at all. Never went to mechanic. Reliable in any weather conditions. Ac works perfectly.

Interior is so large you feel free and comfort while driving. At that price the most luxurious and most reliable and powerful car among others.

cd player,

It's Ok not the best
By bigjon85

2005 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I got my 2005 and it has been a great car I lover the driver information system it's a huge plus won't buy another car without it. It's not the fast car but it does ok and I figured out the Taurus gets 24mpg city 28.6 mpg at 70 mph (highway) at least mine does. I've been that car out of state and in state road trips it's a fantastic car just had a few minor problems with it that could have been avoid it's not an FFV and the ethanol clogged up my catalytic converter and it was under EPA warranty (8yr 80k miles) and had the block melt the cover of a spark plug wire great first car comfortable for me (6'1" 298 lbs) and 5 friends all bout 6'.

My favorite feature would have to be traction control can turn it off and the 187ft lbs of torque will smoke the tires for bout 100' I'm a show off

More power more torque and more options on the SE

So far, so good
By annm78

2005 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this car with 34k miles on it 2.5 years ago. Now has 53k and have had no trouble with it so far. Keep hearing about transmission problems, but haven't had any. Hubby wonders if it has something to do with the fact that it takes 3 seconds to shift gears. I try to be really gentle on acceleration and make sure to wait before taking off when shifting out of park or neutral. Interior is roomy - lots of legroom in the front and back. Like the sunroof and the car itself is attractive. I average 20-22 mpg. 18 straight city and ~27 highway. We like the flex fuel option, but lose 25% fuel economy, so we don't use it.

Taurus Smooth Ride
By Corky

2005 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the Taurus 2005 Se from a private sale at 76000 milage and so far I am loving it. Nice and roomy and large trunk, good AC, fair mileage for a V6. Hope this feeling lasts. Happy so far.

Make the inside look a little more modern.

If you love your family DO NOT BUY
By Caligula's Ghost

2005 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Where do I start? First the A/C went out, then the original tires wore within the first year. I had to replace the battery twice. Alternator was replaced twice. Transmission went out at 40K. Air intake manifold needed to be replaced. Brakes wore earlier. Until the day I last had it there was an issue with the lights flickering (dealer said the alternator/battery were fine). The car made a terrible whirring noise. RPM gauge always fluctuated. I still have nightmares about that car. I spent 5K in one 6 month period to keep it running. Please STAY AWAY from this car!

None, this car is garbage.

Scrap the entire Taurus line and move on.