2005 Ford Taurus Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
2005 Taurus Wagon
By diane_s on 03/20/13 13:31 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Taurus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Great value! Very useful for our needs.

Big comfy haul anything land Yacht
By connemara on 09/18/12 16:56 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Taurus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Just turned 200,000 Kms and love this car. Big, comfortable for long trips, reliable and can pack in as much as most half tons. Other than a prematurely rusted weld in the gas tank neck I only do regular maintenance to this car. I look after it, keep the rustproofing going, fix anything like paint chips etc. After I do a total clean-up and wax it it looks, runs and drives like new. Just changed the left ball joint and did a complete brake job (only the 3rd since new- hyway miles only). Tried the new Taurus and it felt claustraphobic due to the small windows and I don't like the way it and the new Focus are high in the rear. Vulcan engine is a Will keep mine until it is done - 6 more years???

Big disappointment
By disappointed on 07/29/09 19:55 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Taurus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this to replace our 1995 Taurus wagon, which I loved, and which would approach 30 mpg highway with careful driving. Well, the poor mileage (around 20 highway) was only the beginning of our disappointments. When we first bought the car, water would leak into the passenger floorboard every time it rained (up to a half-inch of standing water). It took the dealer 25 hours of labor to find all the leaks. Unfortunately, since then we have also lost roof brackets, the entire air conditioning system, the rear window hydraulic supports, the rear door latch, and multiple rust spots. I've never had a greater variety of problems with a single car. Good job, Ford. You've lost me.

2005 SE Wagon
By Chau on 10/17/05 15:58 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Taurus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

It drives well, tracks down the road very confidently, and has a good steering centering ability. Car feels solid and secure. The car is quiet at highway speeds. There are many features that come standard on this model: keyless entry, strut hood supports, 16 inch wheels/tires, liftgate opening glass, rear window wiper/washer, roof rack, 50/50 split folding second row seats, AM/FM stereo cassette, air conditioning, automatic transaxle, and floor mats.

DISSAPOINTED
By SLIMJIM7423 on 07/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Taurus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this vehicle on june 12th of 2004 new with 3 miles. i have owned it for 3 weeks and it has been in the shop for a total of 7 days now. They have replaced the fuel sender and fuel pump because the car stalled and the fuel guage is not functioning properly. Its in for a second repair now on the same problem. I am dissapointed that I have payed so much for a car that I havent had much time to drive.

Taurus 2004 - HAYES
By Vhayestuu on 05/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Taurus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Was skeptical of performance, economy wise, during 1st 1000 miles. My 1st real test came during trip of 300mi. Averaged 24.1mpg, with some around town driving at the dest. Noticed appreciable increase in town driving since around 2000mi. Now averaging 20.6 town driving. Driving Taurus wagons since 1988. They fill my need for sedan like performance with extra cargo space. 1st experience with DOC engine. At first, a bit offset with the different sound resonated until I looked under the hood and saw the engine.