2005 Ford Taurus Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
2005 Taurus Wagon
By diane_s on 03/20/13 13:31 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Taurus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Great value! Very useful for our needs.

Big comfy haul anything land Yacht
By connemara on 09/18/12 16:56 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Taurus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Just turned 200,000 Kms and love this car. Big, comfortable for long trips, reliable and can pack in as much as most half tons. Other than a prematurely rusted weld in the gas tank neck I only do regular maintenance to this car. I look after it, keep the rustproofing going, fix anything like paint chips etc. After I do a total clean-up and wax it it looks, runs and drives like new. Just changed the left ball joint and did a complete brake job (only the 3rd since new- hyway miles only). Tried the new Taurus and it felt claustraphobic due to the small windows and I don't like the way it and the new Focus are high in the rear. Vulcan engine is a Will keep mine until it is done - 6 more years???

i'm bullish on taurus
By automobility on 12/04/11 20:47 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Taurus Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

bought my '05 wagon new, replacing a '95 volvo 960. the volvo was my dream car become rude awakening, so i wanted an affordable, reliable car. i got one. i keep the mobile one fresh, am careful with the transmission, complete stops before shifting, etc. when i change the trans fluid, the old looks as clean as the new. 84,000 problem free miles so far. smooth ride, quiet cabin, ice cold air, wonderful stereo, cheap to insure, and invisible to cops. she is garage kept, and i always park her at the far edge of a lot, so she looks new. last oil change, my mechanic offered to buy the car. i'll drive her 'til she drops, then i'm buying a ford flex

Big disappointment
By disappointed on 07/29/09 19:55 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Taurus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this to replace our 1995 Taurus wagon, which I loved, and which would approach 30 mpg highway with careful driving. Well, the poor mileage (around 20 highway) was only the beginning of our disappointments. When we first bought the car, water would leak into the passenger floorboard every time it rained (up to a half-inch of standing water). It took the dealer 25 hours of labor to find all the leaks. Unfortunately, since then we have also lost roof brackets, the entire air conditioning system, the rear window hydraulic supports, the rear door latch, and multiple rust spots. I've never had a greater variety of problems with a single car. Good job, Ford. You've lost me.

Best car we've owned
By Mike on 07/13/06 19:07 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Taurus Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This car is so roomy and quiet that if you're not driving it, you will fall asleep. The trunk is huge. I feel a lot safer in this car than our previous one.

2005 SE Wagon
By Chau on 10/17/05 15:58 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Taurus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

It drives well, tracks down the road very confidently, and has a good steering centering ability. Car feels solid and secure. The car is quiet at highway speeds. There are many features that come standard on this model: keyless entry, strut hood supports, 16 inch wheels/tires, liftgate opening glass, rear window wiper/washer, roof rack, 50/50 split folding second row seats, AM/FM stereo cassette, air conditioning, automatic transaxle, and floor mats.

last of the Taurus SEL Wagons
By chris p on 08/09/05 15:05 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Taurus Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Have had 30 days. Great features -- moon roof, MACH stereo, great ease of audio and climate systems. Good highway mpg = 27. Only issue -- at 900 miles appeared to have transmission fluid leak, but dealer said it was over filled at factory. Hopefully no more remaining issues.

Ford Has a Better Idea
By Tony Tavares on 04/28/05 01:17 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Taurus Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This car is very reliable, a good performer, and well made. As good as any Honda, Toyota, or Nissan. I liked my first one so well, a 1998 model, I went out and bought another one. I didn't even look at anything else. My daughter bought a 2005 Nissan Altima and it doesn't ride any better than the Taurus, and cost a lot more money. The buttons on the radio stick badly in cold weather on the Nissan.

best buy
By retired11th on 10/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Taurus Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Great car, to bad they will not be building them anymore.

Good buy for the money
By John Cross on 09/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Taurus Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is my third Taurus and I have neverhad a bit of trouble with any of them.They are solid,dependable and economical.