Used 2005 Ford Taurus Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

2005 Taurus Wagon
By diane_s

2005 Ford Taurus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Great value! Very useful for our needs.

Favorite Features

space

Suggested Improvements

None

Big comfy haul anything land Yacht
By connemara

2005 Ford Taurus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Just turned 200,000 Kms and love this car. Big, comfortable for long trips, reliable and can pack in as much as most half tons. Other than a prematurely rusted weld in the gas tank neck I only do regular maintenance to this car. I look after it, keep the rustproofing going, fix anything like paint chips etc. After I do a total clean-up and wax it it looks, runs and drives like new. Just changed the left ball joint and did a complete brake job (only the 3rd since new- hyway miles only). Tried the new Taurus and it felt claustraphobic due to the small windows and I don't like the way it and the new Focus are high in the rear. Vulcan engine is a Will keep mine until it is done - 6 more years???

Favorite Features

Size, reliability, do anything car, why would anyome want a SUV?

Suggested Improvements

Bring back the wagon

i'm bullish on taurus
By automobility

2005 Ford Taurus Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

bought my '05 wagon new, replacing a '95 volvo 960. the volvo was my dream car become rude awakening, so i wanted an affordable, reliable car. i got one. i keep the mobile one fresh, am careful with the transmission, complete stops before shifting, etc. when i change the trans fluid, the old looks as clean as the new. 84,000 problem free miles so far. smooth ride, quiet cabin, ice cold air, wonderful stereo, cheap to insure, and invisible to cops. she is garage kept, and i always park her at the far edge of a lot, so she looks new. last oil change, my mechanic offered to buy the car. i'll drive her 'til she drops, then i'm buying a ford flex

Favorite Features

great balance of size, comfort, safey and economy

Suggested Improvements

ford has improved the care immensely

Big disappointment
By disappointed

2005 Ford Taurus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this to replace our 1995 Taurus wagon, which I loved, and which would approach 30 mpg highway with careful driving. Well, the poor mileage (around 20 highway) was only the beginning of our disappointments. When we first bought the car, water would leak into the passenger floorboard every time it rained (up to a half-inch of standing water). It took the dealer 25 hours of labor to find all the leaks. Unfortunately, since then we have also lost roof brackets, the entire air conditioning system, the rear window hydraulic supports, the rear door latch, and multiple rust spots. I've never had a greater variety of problems with a single car. Good job, Ford. You've lost me.

Favorite Features

Color. (Discontinued, unfortunately, so I had to special-order touch-up paint for a three-year-old car!)

Suggested Improvements

It would be nice to have a car where the AC, the door latch, the paint job, the rear window supports and the roof rack would all last more than 3 years. Oh, and if it wouldn't start rusting visibly in three years, that would be nice, too.

Best car we've owned
By Mike

2005 Ford Taurus Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This car is so roomy and quiet that if you're not driving it, you will fall asleep. The trunk is huge. I feel a lot safer in this car than our previous one.

Favorite Features

Roominess, comfort and all around reliability.

Suggested Improvements

Better fuel economy. 20 city - 28 highway.