2005 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
Not bad value
By darin4 on 12/10/12 08:24 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car in 2007 with 130,000kms. on it. The first winter it would not start when cold. Dealer replaced the fuel sending unit ($600). Have had little to no problems since. I now have close to 280,000 kms. and the car works great. It's nothing fancy, but for the price I hit a home run.

DON'T BUY FORD
By kimberly18 on 08/02/12 19:26 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have had nothing but trouble with this car since day 1!!! The paint is peeling off all over the car, forever replacing the brakes, the gauges don't work and to top it all off TRANSMUTATION went out !!! My car only has 80000 miles go figure.............ford seen me coming!! I would not recommend anyone to purchase a ford vehicle they DO NOT stand behind there vehicles. There have been too many complaints about the tarus alone and they will do nothing about them!!! I was on my way to my mothers radiation and the car just died no sign of nothing just won't go the cars engine runs but the car won't go!! To have it fixed its going to cost more then the value of the vehicle............

great car
By mkrawczyk on 03/05/12 13:09 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

owned this car 5 year bought with 8k miles now 68k never let me down i only put brakes and a battery in this car it runs great and still looks good anther great ford

Watch out for the coolant and radiator
By kazkiev on 02/23/12 15:13 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My first car and I really enjoyed it for 2yrs, bought it with 43k, the head gasket blew at 99k, Ford has a reputation for overheating, the components of the car are cheaply made which is why they are cheap at the junk yards. Very smooth ride, quite good on gas for a V6, sporty handling. I would buy it with low miles and drive it lightly, after it reaches, 100k, get rid of it

Beware Ford Tauruses--Transmission issues!
By meh123 on 01/17/12 18:47 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have a 2005 Ford Taurus, currently in the shop with transmission out. I have also owned a 1996 Ford Taurus which had to have the transmission replaced twice. The 2005 also had a transmission issue that cost 1,000 to replace. I will have to buy a new car because this transmission will cost 4,400. I will never buy another automatic Ford again. Only plus is that it has a VERY sturdy build and is comfortable to drive.

Car lasted me long enough
By a24dude on 01/12/12 06:48 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 2005 Ford Taurus in 2007 used with 60,000 (got a good deal on it). No issues within the first year of having the car then the bottom fell out. Every year for the last 3 years I have had to completely replace all 4 tires (and I rotated them at each oil change at 3,000). Have had to replace the brakes on the car twice in the time I have had it. Along with other regular repairs. Now a couple of days ago, the car will start jerking while accelerating up to around 40 - 45 MPH, and it will also jerk really bad while backing up. On top of all of that the car was horrible on gas mileage. I am really close to getting a new car, because it has 140,000 miles on it.

better than expected
By maaky on 06/21/11 15:22 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The taurus really hasn't had a good name in quite some time.The 05 that i bought used in 05 has certainly changed my opinion of ford and the taurus.While it is not a flashy sporty ride by any means it has provided the reliability that I needed from a vehicle.Just rolled 90k 2 weeks ago without any failures.The only time it didn't start as back at 20k took it into ford they reprogramed it have had no problems since outside of basic maintenance.Averaging 25mpg per tank the ride is smooth (even at 80+),fairly quiet and accelerates smoothly as well. I must be lucky to have gotten one of the good ones off the line. Can't wait till the wife lets me get one of the new ones.

2005 Taurus Transmission Nightmare
By sarany123 on 10/14/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The car was great until this week! No issues at all, until going 70 mph on major highway and revved to 7,000rpms, lost all gears except park and neutral. No warning light, no noise. We could have been killed! Just paid $3,000 for new transmission on a car that just turned 65,000 miles. Called Ford to complain,they are sorry, but too bad! No powertrain warranty after 36,000 miles. No recalls on this year/model! Yet hundreds of complaints of same situation on internet. Ford does nothing! This is my first and last Ford!

Paint literally dissolving off of hood!
By Paula Odom on 08/01/10 20:11 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Within the last six months, the paint on my hood is literally dissolving away to bare metal. The vehicle drinks gas, the floor board leaks water into the car when it rains, the carpeting is terrible and the transmission is going out. This is probably the worse vehicle I have ever owned. I'll never buy another Ford again!

Good car
By Rick on 06/04/10 13:35 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Have put 30,000 miles since buying it used. This is a well built car comfortable for 5. We get 29-30 mpg on the the road_21-22 in the city. No problems at all. However I wouldn't expect any with 47,000 miles. All in all am very satisfied