Used 2005 Ford Taurus Sedan Consumer Reviews - 75 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2005 Ford Taurus Sedan

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

Piece of Crap
By Tigerman19

2005 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

DO NOT BUY THIS CAR! Long story short.......this car has major transmission issues that FORD knows about but is too cheap to recall and fix. This started with the torque converter being sheered off at 60,000 miles and the total bill with the tow costing me right at $1,200. Then, only 14 months later, the transmission is now shot again. The cylinder clutch drum s going out and the transmission shop in town wants somewhere between $3,500 to $4,500 to completely rebuild the transmission. They will do a patch on it but won't guarantee how long that will last for only the low price of $1,500. When I purchased this car the vehicle had 46,000 miles on it. The car now only has 76,000 miles on it but is basically useless to drive as you can only get to 20 MPH before it kicks out of gear.

I have been a lifetime Ford owner starting with the 1975 Maverick that I bought when I was in high school. I have owned also a 1988 Thunderbird which I loved and then a 1997 Expedition which was a very good vehicle. Besides the Taurus I have a 01 Expedition that I upgraded too after the 97 Expedition. I have had my share of headaches with the 01 Expedition as well. I am truly disappointed in FORD for their refusal to acknowledge they have a major flaw in the transmission of the Taurus for models around 2005.

I have been a lifetime FORD advocate but not anymore. I will never buy another FORD again and hope that if you read this review that you think twice before buying a FORD and especially the Taurus.

The Eccelerator petal gets stuck deadly
By Terri Smalls

2005 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Do you research on your own. This model has a record of the eccelerator petal getting stuck. Over 3 million reports. It happened to me and I had to call 911 while I was driving!! They refuse to recall until a certain number of fatalities. I am still paying for the car and can't drive it. This is a nightmare. I don't wish this on anyone!! Do your research!!

Very disappointed.
By mercede

2005 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I've recently bought my first car, "Ford Taurus 05" my father had the same car for 5 years and it was such a reliable car we traveled a lot with it with over 40000 km on it never left us on the road. so I thought Id buy the same one so I did less then 4 months of owning this car its been nothing but hell. left me on the highway had to buy a new manifold for it witch cost me $1000 Canadian, I took it to the mechanic and they told me the car was fired hazard. I got that fixed but month after my car wont turn on nothing but a waste of money this car has been for me as a student and a full time this is not a car to save for. only thing is good on it is the BODY!

Not bad value
By darin4

2005 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car in 2007 with 130,000kms. on it. The first winter it would not start when cold. Dealer replaced the fuel sending unit ($600). Have had little to no problems since. I now have close to 280,000 kms. and the car works great. It's nothing fancy, but for the price I hit a home run.

DON'T BUY FORD
By kimberly18

2005 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have had nothing but trouble with this car since day 1!!! The paint is peeling off all over the car, forever replacing the brakes, the gauges don't work and to top it all off TRANSMUTATION went out !!! My car only has 80000 miles go figure.............ford seen me coming!!
I would not recommend anyone to purchase a ford vehicle they DO NOT stand behind there vehicles. There have been too many complaints about the tarus alone and they will do nothing about them!!!
I was on my way to my mothers radiation and the car just died no sign of nothing just won't go the cars engine runs but the car won't go!!
To have it fixed its going to cost more then the value of the vehicle............

moon-roof,cd player, air, leather seats,rear defroster

DO some MAJOR work on the engine it needs IMPROVEMENTS!!!! this vehicle should have lasted longer than it has................ a very dissatisfied owner!!! sincerely, NOT HAPPY :(