Used 2005 Ford Taurus SE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

2005 Taurus Wagon
By diane_s

2005 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Great value! Very useful for our needs.

Favorite Features

space

Suggested Improvements

None

Big comfy haul anything land Yacht
By connemara

2005 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Just turned 200,000 Kms and love this car. Big, comfortable for long trips, reliable and can pack in as much as most half tons. Other than a prematurely rusted weld in the gas tank neck I only do regular maintenance to this car. I look after it, keep the rustproofing going, fix anything like paint chips etc. After I do a total clean-up and wax it it looks, runs and drives like new. Just changed the left ball joint and did a complete brake job (only the 3rd since new- hyway miles only). Tried the new Taurus and it felt claustraphobic due to the small windows and I don't like the way it and the new Focus are high in the rear. Vulcan engine is a Will keep mine until it is done - 6 more years???

Favorite Features

Size, reliability, do anything car, why would anyome want a SUV?

Suggested Improvements

Bring back the wagon

Big disappointment
By disappointed

2005 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this to replace our 1995 Taurus wagon, which I loved, and which would approach 30 mpg highway with careful driving. Well, the poor mileage (around 20 highway) was only the beginning of our disappointments. When we first bought the car, water would leak into the passenger floorboard every time it rained (up to a half-inch of standing water). It took the dealer 25 hours of labor to find all the leaks. Unfortunately, since then we have also lost roof brackets, the entire air conditioning system, the rear window hydraulic supports, the rear door latch, and multiple rust spots. I've never had a greater variety of problems with a single car. Good job, Ford. You've lost me.

Favorite Features

Color. (Discontinued, unfortunately, so I had to special-order touch-up paint for a three-year-old car!)

Suggested Improvements

It would be nice to have a car where the AC, the door latch, the paint job, the rear window supports and the roof rack would all last more than 3 years. Oh, and if it wouldn't start rusting visibly in three years, that would be nice, too.

2005 SE Wagon
By Chau

2005 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

It drives well, tracks down the road very confidently, and has a good steering centering ability. Car feels solid and secure. The car is quiet at highway speeds. There are many features that come standard on this model: keyless entry, strut hood supports, 16 inch wheels/tires, liftgate opening glass, rear window wiper/washer, roof rack, 50/50 split folding second row seats, AM/FM stereo cassette, air conditioning, automatic transaxle, and floor mats.

Favorite Features

Favorite features are the ABS/traction control, side air bags, and the keyless entry that turns on the exterior lights. Also like the eight passenger seating capacity, cargo cover, and wide door openings.

Suggested Improvements

Wish all Tauruses came with automatic headlamp control standard. The digital odometer should come on when the driver's door is opened instead of requiring the ignition key be in the start position. The interior lights could have an off setting as found on many minivans.

DISSAPOINTED
By SLIMJIM7423

2005 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this vehicle on june 12th of 2004 new with 3 miles. i have owned it for 3 weeks and it has been in the shop for a total of 7 days now. They have replaced the fuel sender and fuel pump because the car stalled and the fuel guage is not functioning properly. Its in for a second repair now on the same problem. I am dissapointed that I have payed so much for a car that I havent had much time to drive.