Used 2005 Ford Taurus SE Consumer Reviews - 55 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

2005 Ford Taurus

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

The Eccelerator petal gets stuck deadly
By Terri Smalls

2005 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Do you research on your own. This model has a record of the eccelerator petal getting stuck. Over 3 million reports. It happened to me and I had to call 911 while I was driving!! They refuse to recall until a certain number of fatalities. I am still paying for the car and can't drive it. This is a nightmare. I don't wish this on anyone!! Do your research!!

Very disappointed.
By mercede

2005 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I've recently bought my first car, "Ford Taurus 05" my father had the same car for 5 years and it was such a reliable car we traveled a lot with it with over 40000 km on it never left us on the road. so I thought Id buy the same one so I did less then 4 months of owning this car its been nothing but hell. left me on the highway had to buy a new manifold for it witch cost me $1000 Canadian, I took it to the mechanic and they told me the car was fired hazard. I got that fixed but month after my car wont turn on nothing but a waste of money this car has been for me as a student and a full time this is not a car to save for. only thing is good on it is the BODY!

Not bad value
By darin4

2005 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car in 2007 with 130,000kms. on it. The first winter it would not start when cold. Dealer replaced the fuel sending unit ($600). Have had little to no problems since. I now have close to 280,000 kms. and the car works great. It's nothing fancy, but for the price I hit a home run.

DON'T BUY FORD
By kimberly18

2005 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have had nothing but trouble with this car since day 1!!! The paint is peeling off all over the car, forever replacing the brakes, the gauges don't work and to top it all off TRANSMUTATION went out !!! My car only has 80000 miles go figure.............ford seen me coming!!
I would not recommend anyone to purchase a ford vehicle they DO NOT stand behind there vehicles. There have been too many complaints about the tarus alone and they will do nothing about them!!!
I was on my way to my mothers radiation and the car just died no sign of nothing just won't go the cars engine runs but the car won't go!!
To have it fixed its going to cost more then the value of the vehicle............

moon-roof,cd player, air, leather seats,rear defroster

DO some MAJOR work on the engine it needs IMPROVEMENTS!!!! this vehicle should have lasted longer than it has................ a very dissatisfied owner!!! sincerely, NOT HAPPY :(

great car
By mkrawczyk

owned this car 5 year bought with 8k miles
now 68k never let me down i only put brakes and a battery in this car it runs great and still looks good anther great ford