2004 Ford Taurus Consumer Review: I regret getting this car

2004 Ford Taurus - Consumer Review

I regret getting this car
By joe shmoe on

2004 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Let me just get over the good stuff first.Pretty nice-looking car from the outside and smooth ride...Thats it! This car is SLOW. And talk about a POS engine: a 3.0 liter V6 that ONLY makes 155hp?! that's ridiculous, only 52 hp per liter. The interior looks as if Ford designers TRIED to make it look cheap. It handles terribly and feels like its going to fall apart above 70 MPH. My wife was car shoping and test drove the taurus only because she thought it was pretty. The day after, she brought me to the dealer and we bought the car. She rushed into it and now she hates the car too. The car was only $19,000, so I guess you get what you pay for eh?

Nice looking exterior. Smooth ride.

Needs a decent engine. Better build quality. Interior noise needs to be reduced. Needs to lose some weight. Radio needs better AM reception. An engine this weak shouldnt use as much gas as it dose. Interior ergonomics needs re-arranging.