2004 Ford Taurus 3.0L V6 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Drive it until it dies

2004 Ford Taurus - Consumer Review

SES Sedan (3.0L V6 4-speed Automatic)

Drive it until it dies
By Scottj04 on

2004 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Love this car. Economical, roomy and wonderful highway feel. Bought it in 2006 with 18K miles and have had little problems. Mostly highway driving (60 mile rural commute) I average 390 - 420 miles on a tank. Twice got 455 miles with still 18 Miles to E! The duratec engine is a fuel-sipping work horse. Highway performance is adequate, and even with four people and luggage (that all fit comfortably), the car still gets wonderful gas mileage! City mileage has gotten horrid. 1 week of it showed about 250 miles to a tank. and transmission seems to be slipping slighty at only 57K. A/C also robs engine performance. Staying with regular maintanence, this car will last forever!

Favorite Features

Display for miles to empty and MPG. 6 disc changer. Gas mileage. Plenty of room. Can fit my two brothers and father in there and I'm the shortest at 6'1

Suggested Improvements

Wish I had the folding rear seats. Better stereo... four speakers a little inadequate. A/C drain on the engine. Auto headlamps would be wonderful