Used 2004 Ford Taurus Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

The Best Car I've Ever Owned
By Helmey

2004 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan w/Duratec (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I traded in my '98 Taurus SE for a 2004 SEL and I love this car just as much. With leather seats, the interior feels like a luxury car and the drive is excellent with the Duratec V6. The SEL includes a lot of extras that are truly useful and make the car a pleasure to drive for long distances. The V6 Camry is a more refined car, but without the bells and whistles. The Ford is a fun car to own and a really great value.

Sunroof, keyless entry, climate control system, automatic headlights, leather seats, accessory power outlet.

Better handling, glovebox light, CD changer moved to dash or trunk.

New Used Car
By Brian

2004 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Very happy with this car. It was a program car and I got a good deal on it. I am a bit disappointed in the fuel economy. I'm getting about 23 MPG at the best on the highway and about 18 in town ... not much better than my truck.

Interior is very roomy.

Better fuel economy.

Taurus is the best
By ranger

2004 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan w/Duratec (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this SEL Taurus with 16000 miles on it and we love this vehicle so much we just purchased another 2004 SES Taurus for my wife. Vehicle drives like a dream and good mpg at average of 25 city and highway driving. It drives and rides as good as the Grand Marquis we use to have. I have the 24 valve Duratec on the SEL and the 12 valve standard engine on the SES. We like both vehicles very much and enjoy trips much more.

Delightful ride, good gas mileage and handles well in snow as well as dry pavement.

Wish they would come standard with Michelin tires.

Taurus Rocks
By Mike W

2004 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned this car about 3 months and I think it is great. Comfortable, reliable, stylish. I am getting pretty good gas mileage. Excellent safety record.

Plenty of Room.

None.

Nice Ride!
By 415~phil

2004 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Overall, a nice car to drive everyday. Exterior looks great and the interior is decent. The car has good handling and just enough power as well. The cars reliability is superb and most maintenance can be performed on your own; very easy car to maintain. I drive this car 5-6 days a week and it starts up first time, every time and runs smooth, even on regular graded octane fuel. Just an overall fun car to drive!

Great handling and very durable car.

Make stereo system easier to add aftermarket accessories; add standard dual exhaust too.