2004 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
Saved my family's life
By Florida Joe on 01/23/05 01:03 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I've owned two 2004's. The first one was lost in an accident. The Taurus' safety features saved our lives. I was so pleased I replaced it with another Taurus. We love this car. It drives wonderful, great gas mileage. My wife feels safe in this car. No problems with the car.

Junk, junk, junk
By KP on 01/07/05 11:06 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Multiple problems since day one. Trunk leak, 4 visits to fix; cruise control nonfunctional - bad servo; wiper motor broke; swaybars rotted in first year; heater fan broke - bad resistor. It's too bad, was a great deal and drove nice, good looking and comfortable. Not great in the snow though because of wide tires. Repairs all under warranty, but will only fix during the week requiring car rental; they don't give free loaners. I thought Taurus reliability went up? This car is junk quality. They build it with cheap parts. We will trade in as soon as warranty is up. So much for a good deal. Back to foreign cars.

Best car I ever owned
By John on 01/01/05 11:01 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This taurus is the best car I ever owned. Rides very smooth. Very roomy. I'm 375 pounds and it has plenty of room for me. Trunk is big.

Great Car from Chicago Pride
By Chicago Pride on 12/15/04 13:59 PM (PST)

2004 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan w/Duratec (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

best Ford ever built

great choice
By fruitman65 on 10/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan w/Duratec (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

this is a excellent choice, I would really recomend it to all who have a large family. I'm very satisfy with the comfort of the ride while driving on the highway.

Ford Taurus
By storks2 on 10/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This car gets a bum rap. It handles better than the Toyota Camry, which was a contender for me as well. It came down to the simple fact that the Taurus is better accustomed to American-sized people.

First New Car Owned
By Scooby31172 on 10/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Taurus Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I love the feel of the ride. It rides smooth and handles with ease. Takes turns easy. I love the safety rating it has a five star rating. Nice comfortable seats, runs quiet. The ease of getting child car seats in and out and being able to hook them at the top and the bottom is very important to me. I like the shoulder seat belts in the back seat. I am extremely impressed by the Ford Taurus. I have always been a Ford fan. I have driven vehicles by General Motors, Plymouth, Pontiac, Oldsmobile, and Ford. My opinion is that Ford is the best vehicle I have driven. I liked the others, but they did not

What a Deal!!!!!
By New 4 only $14K!!!!! on 09/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This was the best deal out there for any car. $14K for a brand new midsize car that had a $22K MSRP. Much more car for the money when you compare it to any other car. We are extremely pleased with the fit and finish of this car.

Impressed
By Cory Teff on 09/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the Taurus for it's five star crash safety record, and I'm very impressed with it's handling and styling.

Love my Tauras
By Dawn Morris on 08/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This car handles great. It is very comfortable, and there is plenty of room for our family of four, our children are teenagers, both over 6ft. It gets great gas mileage. The most car for the buck.