2004 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
Nice Ride!
By 415~phil on 06/16/05 20:40 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Overall, a nice car to drive everyday. Exterior looks great and the interior is decent. The car has good handling and just enough power as well. The cars reliability is superb and most maintenance can be performed on your own; very easy car to maintain. I drive this car 5-6 days a week and it starts up first time, every time and runs smooth, even on regular graded octane fuel. Just an overall fun car to drive!

our Taurus
By Rtom45 on 06/10/05 07:54 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My wife uses the car daily for short drive to and from work. We use the car at least once a month for trips across the state. It's comfortable and practical for both. Car is good in the snow (Erie, PA). We bought our first Taurus in '99 and were happy enough to buy this Taurus in '04. We like the newer styling also.

Best Yet
By Cruisin90 on 04/21/05 14:54 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I am a member of a Taurus Family - we've all had one and I love it. This one is my second - traded a 2000 on it which was still running great at 70k miles. This is my favorite yet though. I have had no problems with it and I drive almost 60 miles a day. Taurus are great for safety - a family member of mine after getting hit by two trucks was still able to walk away though the car didn't. I would recommend this car to anyone. I must recommend the 24 valve engine and sports package because it is a great option for anyone wanting a little more power. I did a few things to the 04: Le Bra, tint windows. mud flaps, and am thinking about chip. Wish it had sunroof.

SE Wagon, GREAT work and family car!
By Oscar on 04/14/05 18:26 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This SE wagon has the Duratec engine and is very strong. It has several upgrades, such as power seat, pedals, windows, CD, etc. It has been both a work and family vehicle, and I have been most impressed with it. It has plenty of power, room, and I can haul anything and everything in it or on top of it. (roof racks). I travel MUCH with my job and have placed 65K miles on this in 1.5 yrs. NO SERVICE PROBLEMS! It is comfortable considering that I ride up to 5-6 hours at a time. Style is a little "basic", but certainly fine. The only negative that I see is depreciation. Value drops FAST from NEW status. Excellent used car buy. I have had several "used" and for the money, they cannot be beat.

Smooth ride, a bit sluggish
By Taurus 04 on 03/26/05 13:14 PM (PST)

2004 Ford Taurus LX 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this car brand new about a year ago. Paid $12,000 for it. No major problems with it. Front wheel makes squeaky noises, and the dealer cannot fix the problem. It is no big deal, I can barely hear it with the windows down. The car is really smooth to drive. The suspension is extremely soft, but it also handles like a boat. The previous car that I owned was a '99 Chevy Lumina; the Ford handles better overall. The engine is slow and sluggish. The transmission is even worse; it never knows what gear it is supposed to be in. However if you drive normally you won't have any problems, just don't expect much from the V6. Overall it has been a good experience. Smooth, soft, fast on the highway.

Good sedan
By Todd on 03/18/05 06:49 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Good sedan, good overall car, short on looks but spoiler and rims help. Lots of room and comfort for the price. I drive 26 miles to work; some in city and some highway and my mpg is 20.

Excellent car
By Amy on 02/22/05 00:47 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Very pleased with Taurus. Plenty of room. Reliable.

Love my Taurus
By tauruslady on 02/01/05 16:35 PM (PST)

2004 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan w/Duratec (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I really love my Taurus. This is the third Taurus that I have owned. I love the comfort and looks of the car. I love the fact that it is a solid car and that I feel safe in it.

Saved my family's life
By Florida Joe on 01/23/05 01:03 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I've owned two 2004's. The first one was lost in an accident. The Taurus' safety features saved our lives. I was so pleased I replaced it with another Taurus. We love this car. It drives wonderful, great gas mileage. My wife feels safe in this car. No problems with the car.

Junk, junk, junk
By KP on 01/07/05 11:06 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Multiple problems since day one. Trunk leak, 4 visits to fix; cruise control nonfunctional - bad servo; wiper motor broke; swaybars rotted in first year; heater fan broke - bad resistor. It's too bad, was a great deal and drove nice, good looking and comfortable. Not great in the snow though because of wide tires. Repairs all under warranty, but will only fix during the week requiring car rental; they don't give free loaners. I thought Taurus reliability went up? This car is junk quality. They build it with cheap parts. We will trade in as soon as warranty is up. So much for a good deal. Back to foreign cars.