2004 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
The Best Car I've Ever Owned
By Helmey on 10/09/05 04:47 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan w/Duratec (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I traded in my '98 Taurus SE for a 2004 SEL and I love this car just as much. With leather seats, the interior feels like a luxury car and the drive is excellent with the Duratec V6. The SEL includes a lot of extras that are truly useful and make the car a pleasure to drive for long distances. The V6 Camry is a more refined car, but without the bells and whistles. The Ford is a fun car to own and a really great value.

New Used Car
By Brian on 08/01/05 13:58 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Very happy with this car. It was a program car and I got a good deal on it. I am a bit disappointed in the fuel economy. I'm getting about 23 MPG at the best on the highway and about 18 in town ... not much better than my truck.

Taurus is the best
By ranger on 07/03/05 20:05 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan w/Duratec (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this SEL Taurus with 16000 miles on it and we love this vehicle so much we just purchased another 2004 SES Taurus for my wife. Vehicle drives like a dream and good mpg at average of 25 city and highway driving. It drives and rides as good as the Grand Marquis we use to have. I have the 24 valve Duratec on the SEL and the 12 valve standard engine on the SES. We like both vehicles very much and enjoy trips much more.

Taurus Rocks
By Mike W on 06/26/05 14:06 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned this car about 3 months and I think it is great. Comfortable, reliable, stylish. I am getting pretty good gas mileage. Excellent safety record.

Nice Ride!
By 415~phil on 06/16/05 20:40 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Overall, a nice car to drive everyday. Exterior looks great and the interior is decent. The car has good handling and just enough power as well. The cars reliability is superb and most maintenance can be performed on your own; very easy car to maintain. I drive this car 5-6 days a week and it starts up first time, every time and runs smooth, even on regular graded octane fuel. Just an overall fun car to drive!

our Taurus
By Rtom45 on 06/10/05 07:54 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My wife uses the car daily for short drive to and from work. We use the car at least once a month for trips across the state. It's comfortable and practical for both. Car is good in the snow (Erie, PA). We bought our first Taurus in '99 and were happy enough to buy this Taurus in '04. We like the newer styling also.

Best Yet
By Cruisin90 on 04/21/05 14:54 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I am a member of a Taurus Family - we've all had one and I love it. This one is my second - traded a 2000 on it which was still running great at 70k miles. This is my favorite yet though. I have had no problems with it and I drive almost 60 miles a day. Taurus are great for safety - a family member of mine after getting hit by two trucks was still able to walk away though the car didn't. I would recommend this car to anyone. I must recommend the 24 valve engine and sports package because it is a great option for anyone wanting a little more power. I did a few things to the 04: Le Bra, tint windows. mud flaps, and am thinking about chip. Wish it had sunroof.

Smooth ride, a bit sluggish
By Taurus 04 on 03/26/05 13:14 PM (PST)

2004 Ford Taurus Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this car brand new about a year ago. Paid $12,000 for it. No major problems with it. Front wheel makes squeaky noises, and the dealer cannot fix the problem. It is no big deal, I can barely hear it with the windows down. The car is really smooth to drive. The suspension is extremely soft, but it also handles like a boat. The previous car that I owned was a '99 Chevy Lumina; the Ford handles better overall. The engine is slow and sluggish. The transmission is even worse; it never knows what gear it is supposed to be in. However if you drive normally you won't have any problems, just don't expect much from the V6. Overall it has been a good experience. Smooth, soft, fast on the highway.

Good sedan
By Todd on 03/18/05 06:49 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Good sedan, good overall car, short on looks but spoiler and rims help. Lots of room and comfort for the price. I drive 26 miles to work; some in city and some highway and my mpg is 20.

Excellent car
By Amy on 02/22/05 00:47 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Very pleased with Taurus. Plenty of room. Reliable.