2004 Ford Taurus Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
My Tarus
By Tarus guy on 04/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Taurus Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have enjoyed the car very much but have not been so happy with the service department of the dealership. They seem shoddy at best and not professional. Simple things like checking oil are reported as being done when they are not, driving the car through their car wash without taking the power antenna down. Love the car, could use a more professional dealer. But i must say i have as much room in my wagon as any SUV and i get 32 miles to the gallon on highways

Taurus Wag
By T.H. on 03/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Taurus Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My wife and I chose the Taurus wagon over a van due to economy reasons. We needed a little larger vehicle for luggage and passenger purpose when our grandchildren are with us. The wagon with the 3rd rear seat works great! If needed, we have more luggage space inside than a normal trunk or can put it on the roof rack. We are very, very satisfied with the Taurus and are getting about 26-30 mpg highway miles and average of 22 combination. The Texas wind in the panhandle area is terrible but the wagon tracks straight and true. The smaller engine provides plenty of power as far I am concerned.

Best Value For A Wagon
By FL Retiree on 12/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Taurus Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

With $4,000 rebates from Ford, you can buy this vehicle for $15,990 + Options + Dealer's Prep + sales tax. This vehicle is roughly 1" shorter, 8" lower (height),and 1,000 # lighter than a Chrysler Pacifica (which is also a V-6) and save $10,500! That's enough for a "free" 2nd vehicle.

Ford Wagon
By THWSR on 11/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Taurus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We traded in a 97 Taurus on the 2003 Taurus wagon. This model was chosen due to our need to combine extra space and decent gas mileage. Price was an option and resale value not important as we keep our cars for a long period of time. Personally, I don't think you can beat this model for reliability, room, comfort and price. We did not buy new vehicle but chose a program car with 13,300 miles on it. This saved on cost & depreciation. Having had a van in the past we wouldn't be getting 24mgp as we are averaging in overall mileage. Very satisfied with this vehicle! A good sensible vehicle!

box on wheels
By Tim Lynch on 11/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Taurus Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The disadvatages of this car is that it rattles when you drive and it sometimes gets stuck into gear when flooring it. The dash controles are inconvenient.