Used 2004 Ford Taurus Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

Taurus Rocks
By Mike W

2004 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned this car about 3 months and I think it is great. Comfortable, reliable, stylish. I am getting pretty good gas mileage. Excellent safety record.

Plenty of Room.

None.

Nice Ride!
By 415~phil

2004 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Overall, a nice car to drive everyday. Exterior looks great and the interior is decent. The car has good handling and just enough power as well. The cars reliability is superb and most maintenance can be performed on your own; very easy car to maintain. I drive this car 5-6 days a week and it starts up first time, every time and runs smooth, even on regular graded octane fuel. Just an overall fun car to drive!

Great handling and very durable car.

Make stereo system easier to add aftermarket accessories; add standard dual exhaust too.

our Taurus
By Rtom45

2004 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My wife uses the car daily for short drive to and from work. We use the car at least once a month for trips across the state. It's comfortable and practical for both. Car is good in the snow (Erie, PA). We bought our first Taurus in '99 and were happy enough to buy this Taurus in '04. We like the newer styling also.

6 disc CD player, cruise control.

Best Yet
By Cruisin90

2004 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I am a member of a Taurus Family - we've all had one and I love it. This one is my second - traded a 2000 on it which was still running great at 70k miles. This is my favorite yet though. I have had no problems with it and I drive almost 60 miles a day. Taurus are great for safety - a family member of mine after getting hit by two trucks was still able to walk away though the car didn't. I would recommend this car to anyone. I must recommend the 24 valve engine and sports package because it is a great option for anyone wanting a little more power. I did a few things to the 04: Le Bra, tint windows. mud flaps, and am thinking about chip. Wish it had sunroof.

Sports Package, CD player.

I can't wish for anything more except I miss the SHO!

SE Wagon, GREAT work and family car!
By Oscar

2004 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This SE wagon has the Duratec engine and is very strong. It has several upgrades, such as power seat, pedals, windows, CD, etc. It has been both a work and family vehicle, and I have been most impressed with it. It has plenty of power, room, and I can haul anything and everything in it or on top of it. (roof racks). I travel MUCH with my job and have placed 65K miles on this in 1.5 yrs. NO SERVICE PROBLEMS! It is comfortable considering that I ride up to 5-6 hours at a time. Style is a little "basic", but certainly fine. The only negative that I see is depreciation. Value drops FAST from NEW status. Excellent used car buy. I have had several "used" and for the money, they cannot be beat.

210 HP Duratec engine. Not your "fathers" station wagon! This pup will run!

2004 did not come standard with the 3rd row seat, as did the earlier models. The 3rd seat should have been standard. Why have a wagon and not have the extra seat? I purchased the seat and added it myself.