Used 2004 Ford Taurus Consumer Reviews - 143 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

Great car, but I miss my Focus
By Map Girl

2004 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I just bought my SEL wagon used and got a very good deal. It only had 9,000 miles. I sell maps for a living so I needed a car with a little more payload. I looked at many SUV styles but surprisingly many had no more carrying capacity than my Focus wagon. The ones that did were more like trucks and high to climb in and out of all day. Safety was another concern as I drive about 700 miles a week. I'm bound to get hit some day! And I need a safe car. All in all this is a very sensible vehicle for anyone who travels for their work and/or carries heavy loads. But I sure miss Zippy (my Focus). It was much more fun to drive!

Mach sound system, engine power, leather seats.

More storage pockets in front like the Focus. Radio that plays with the key out at the press of the on/off button like the Focus.

Taurus Rocks
By Mike W

2004 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned this car about 3 months and I think it is great. Comfortable, reliable, stylish. I am getting pretty good gas mileage. Excellent safety record.

Plenty of Room.

None.

Nice Ride!
By 415~phil

2004 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Overall, a nice car to drive everyday. Exterior looks great and the interior is decent. The car has good handling and just enough power as well. The cars reliability is superb and most maintenance can be performed on your own; very easy car to maintain. I drive this car 5-6 days a week and it starts up first time, every time and runs smooth, even on regular graded octane fuel. Just an overall fun car to drive!

Great handling and very durable car.

Make stereo system easier to add aftermarket accessories; add standard dual exhaust too.

our Taurus
By Rtom45

2004 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My wife uses the car daily for short drive to and from work. We use the car at least once a month for trips across the state. It's comfortable and practical for both. Car is good in the snow (Erie, PA). We bought our first Taurus in '99 and were happy enough to buy this Taurus in '04. We like the newer styling also.

6 disc CD player, cruise control.

Best Yet
By Cruisin90

2004 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I am a member of a Taurus Family - we've all had one and I love it. This one is my second - traded a 2000 on it which was still running great at 70k miles. This is my favorite yet though. I have had no problems with it and I drive almost 60 miles a day. Taurus are great for safety - a family member of mine after getting hit by two trucks was still able to walk away though the car didn't. I would recommend this car to anyone. I must recommend the 24 valve engine and sports package because it is a great option for anyone wanting a little more power. I did a few things to the 04: Le Bra, tint windows. mud flaps, and am thinking about chip. Wish it had sunroof.

Sports Package, CD player.

I can't wish for anything more except I miss the SHO!