2004 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
Taurus Wag
By T.H. on 03/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My wife and I chose the Taurus wagon over a van due to economy reasons. We needed a little larger vehicle for luggage and passenger purpose when our grandchildren are with us. The wagon with the 3rd rear seat works great! If needed, we have more luggage space inside than a normal trunk or can put it on the roof rack. We are very, very satisfied with the Taurus and are getting about 26-30 mpg highway miles and average of 22 combination. The Texas wind in the panhandle area is terrible but the wagon tracks straight and true. The smaller engine provides plenty of power as far I am concerned.

lemon
By mimmigoo on 02/25/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

3 weeks to the day from pulling my new car off of the lot the transmission fried on it. the service department says it will take 2 weeks to repair. what is the justice in this??? they dont even feel the need to rush.

new 2004 Taurus
By cobra0909 on 02/25/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

i have just had my new car a couple of days,i traded my new 2004 ranger xlt which was a piece of junk in on my taurus, lost 6,000 on the ranger but the comfort and mileage makes up for it.

5-Passenger SE Value Package
By JDUB81 on 02/23/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

For those of you interested in the Ford Taurus SE, I would highly recommend the 5-Passenger with SE Value Package. After test driving the 6-Passenger Seating version, I realized the front center seating would never be practical for any adult. Also, the 6-disc CD changer is mounted in the rear trunk which would not be convenient for long road trips. However, I was impressed with the 5-Pass version w/ floor mounted shifter and 6-disc CD changer in the center console. Not only is it easy changing CDs, but also adds some extra storage next to the CD player. Now I don't have to worry about hitting the CD changer when I throw my golf clubs in the trunk.

Good, solid car.
By DavidL on 02/23/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan w/Duratec (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This car is totally satisfactory, and pleasant to drive. Good power, good looks.

best car ever
By mother of two on 02/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan w/Duratec (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car cause of the saftey it offers me for my family. It is very roomy and comfortable to drive. It is great on gas.

Happy
By R2kiwi on 02/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Good, solid, american car. For a Toyota Camry or Honda Accord with comparable features it is several thousand dollars cheaper which is nice. I can't think of anything I don't like. Nothing has gone wrong with it. The fit and finish is good, I was treated well at the Ford dealership.

Extremely Wonderful Vehicle
By Pleased with Taurus on 02/18/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This Taurus is the best one yet. The seating capacity of this car is excellent so is the cargo area. And yet, it still has style and class. It's not a mini-van, but it is still my family vehicle.

My Ford Taurus Ses has been Exellent .
By kingsol on 02/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan w/Duratec (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I regret very much about Ford's decision to discontinue with the Taurus for next year, I think it's a big mistake!! The Ford Futura looks very ugly! Doesn't have the classic looks of the Ford Taurus! Also by the way, driving from Colorado to Arizona this past summer, I could not believe my eyes, about the number of Ford Tauruses on the road from here to Arizona.Very popular auto indeed!

i love it !!!
By neuticles on 02/15/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan w/Duratec (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

iT DRIVES WELL AND HAS MANY QUALITY FEATURES. ABOVE ALL ITS A GOOD VALUE. IM HAPPY AS CAN BE WITH MY NEW TAURAS.