Used 2004 Ford Taurus Consumer Reviews - 143 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

I love my car
By Joy Browning

2004 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The day i went to the dealership, I wanted a little Escort. I was at that time very much overweight and I was having a hard time getting out of the car. I was walking into the showroom to purchase the little car, when I spotted this beautiful car with the color of green. I call it silver-green. I test drove it, but I already knew I would buy the car. And I love it.

I like the radio and the control to move the pedals up close and I like to move the stirring wheel up so I can get out with ease. And best of all, getting out of the car is much easier as the car is not so low to the ground.

Make this into a hybrid (?) for gas economy efficiency and let me drive it for a year to test it out. I love to save gas.

One super wagon
By John Schroeder

2004 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this certified program car 10 months after manufacture with 8,750 miles for $7,300 less than the Ford dealer paid for it. After 4,600 miles & 3 trips it has run perfectly with not even one little defect & no rattles. It averages about 20 mpg overall even with the super AC & a lot of idling. Very practical for me with all that cargo space, roof rack & 5 cup holders! I see nothing on the road I would trade it for, even though the basic design dates back to the 1996 model year. They sure got it perfected for 2004, & it's a shame it's being discontinued. May be a classic like the 1971 Torino wagon I bought in 1981 & sold for 33% more to buy this one. However,the Torino had a larger 4'x8' cargo space.

5 cup holders, 2-12v outlets, great lighting in & out, great dash display.

Miss not having a keyhole on the passenger side. Need a glove compartment light. I am putting one in myself! Keep building it!

The Best Car I've Ever Owned
By Helmey

2004 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan w/Duratec (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I traded in my '98 Taurus SE for a 2004 SEL and I love this car just as much. With leather seats, the interior feels like a luxury car and the drive is excellent with the Duratec V6. The SEL includes a lot of extras that are truly useful and make the car a pleasure to drive for long distances. The V6 Camry is a more refined car, but without the bells and whistles. The Ford is a fun car to own and a really great value.

Sunroof, keyless entry, climate control system, automatic headlights, leather seats, accessory power outlet.

Better handling, glovebox light, CD changer moved to dash or trunk.

New Used Car
By Brian

2004 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Very happy with this car. It was a program car and I got a good deal on it. I am a bit disappointed in the fuel economy. I'm getting about 23 MPG at the best on the highway and about 18 in town ... not much better than my truck.

Interior is very roomy.

Better fuel economy.

Taurus is the best
By ranger

2004 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan w/Duratec (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this SEL Taurus with 16000 miles on it and we love this vehicle so much we just purchased another 2004 SES Taurus for my wife. Vehicle drives like a dream and good mpg at average of 25 city and highway driving. It drives and rides as good as the Grand Marquis we use to have. I have the 24 valve Duratec on the SEL and the 12 valve standard engine on the SES. We like both vehicles very much and enjoy trips much more.

Delightful ride, good gas mileage and handles well in snow as well as dry pavement.

Wish they would come standard with Michelin tires.