2004 Ford Taurus Consumer Reviews 10

2004 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
Excellent
By Linsey on 04/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

it is the best car i ever driven

Brand New Problems
By Steven Kirschner on 04/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan w/Duratec (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

When they told me we were going to be now driving a FORD Taurus, I was somewhat disappointed. I had suck good luck with the Dodge Intrepids we drove for years. Well, I was right; but I never suspected I would be SO right So soon. With less than 1000 miles, I have already experienced an annoying squeak (I suspect Water Pump). The fit and finish is horrible. The right rear of the Trunk Lid does not fit. The left rear door also looks like it does not close....All this in 1 week!!! I can hardly wait until it is broken in! Have I driven a FORD lately?? I guess not.

Most fun i have ever had in a 4 door
By bg24bham on 03/30/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan w/Duratec (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

the car handles wonderfuy, it rides very well, and the most saprising thing is the fuel economy i average 25 MPGin town and 30 on the interstate

Outdated
By Electro on 03/21/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

For the most part its a decent car, as far as the mechanical aspect is concerned, unfortunately thats about it! Ford needs to come up with something NEW most if not all the other car manufacturers have already done this, the way I see it is, Ford is way behind in the times!

SOLD ON TAURUS
By DennyB on 03/19/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

One of the best values on the market based on price for the features. With all the incentives this car was purchased for about $7000 below the $22000 MSRP. It has everything I need, including 4-sp auto,v-6, a/c, power doors,windows,locks,seats,brakes,steerin g,speed control,ABS,keyless entry,rear defrost,cd player,and power moon roof.My 95' Taurus has 80000 trouble free miles on it.

good all around
By Caluch on 03/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Taurus LX 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Although still very new in the driveway, we both (wife and I) feel we got a good deal and a great car. It has much more leg rom than we are use to even though we traded same size. More comfort and even seems more stable than our Olds. We opted for the bench seat and it makes me feel like im driving a car 40 years ago. Plenty of everything for us.

Excellent Ford
By James Songer on 03/08/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan w/Duratec (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Traded 1993 Thunderbird for this Taurus SES Really excellent build quality, fit form and finish! Duratec is almost as good as 5.0 litre engine in old Thunderbird. Really like the leather interior and moon roof, seats are very comfortable. Gas mileage is good, also outstanding for this size car.(Over 22 miles per gallon in everyday driving).

A GREAT VALUE
By LOVETAURUS on 03/05/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I had a 2000 Taurus previous to this 2004 car and there are improvements. The new "driver adapting" transmission shifts perfectly. The base engine seems more powerful and quieter than in the past. You don't really need to buy the more expensive Duratec engine. Power peddles, power seat and standard 6 cylinder engine make this car an extremely comfortable long distance car. Taurus has been at the top of the list of the safest full size cars (Insurance Institute) for a number of model years. I found no quality faults when this car was first delivered. I still have not found any faults.

Not Disappointing!!!
By ernmas on 03/05/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan w/Duratec (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Yes I like it for the package I got I would have had to pay much more for a Nissan or A Camrey, All this car needs is a good set of performance tires and upgraded shocks, Its a keeper but you should get the 24valve dohc engine.

PHATCAT'S TAURUS
By PHATCAT on 03/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

FIRST OFF I WOULD LIKE TO THANK AVIS FORD FOR BEING SO HELPFUL IN GETTING ME TO DECIDE TO BUY A TAURUS ITS A VERY GOOD CAR FOR THE SINGLE MAN. REALLY DOES HAVE A GET UP THAT MOST CARS DON'T HAVE TODAY I WOULD DEFINITELY ADVISE MY FRIENDS & FAMILY TO BUY A FORD TAURUS. THANX FORD FOR A GREAT CAR.