Used 2004 Ford Taurus Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

Excellent value.
By khc410

2004 Ford Taurus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 2004 Taurus wagon used 2 years ago . I get 28mpg on highway. No major problem over the past 2 years. In addition to trip odometer, the dash also shows mpg and miles to empty fuel. I found those very useful. Traction control and ABS added peace of mind. Overall, I am very happy with this purchase.

Best Station Wagon Ever
By Alex

2004 Ford Taurus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon w/Duratec (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is by far the best vehicle I've ever owned. It is very practical, comfortable, and smooth running. This car really shines on road trips because there is a lot of room for people and baggage. The roof rack is adjustable and comes in handy. A 6'2" tall person can sleep comfortably in the back when the seats are folded down

Favorite Features

Roominess. Comfort. versatility. Overall practicality

Suggested Improvements

Nothing needs improvement on this vehicle. It has everything I need and nothing I don't need

Super Car
By Photopros

2004 Ford Taurus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This car has been the best car I have ever owned. Cold Air, Safe comfortable ride, good gas mileage. At 100,000 miles I had to put a new serpentine belt on it, along with a starter, but that is all so far. We use it every day for whatever we need. We are still happy with this car. So stable it saved us from a rollover on a rainy night, when we missed a turn, and had to make a sharp turn at 60 miles per hour. This is a super car. Going strong at 120,000

Favorite Features

Safe, reliable, runs good

Suggested Improvements

Make doors easier to shut

Good Car - Wish they still made wagon
By D

2004 Ford Taurus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We really enjoy this car. Bought it used 18 months ago, the transmission did need rebuilt after we owned it for 1 year with only 66,000 miles on it, but we got a great initial price on the vehicle. Runs great on the road and handles much better than the MiniVan it replaced. Good gas mileage 23 on highway with family of 5 and car topper.

Favorite Features

3rd seat.

Suggested Improvements

Wish they still made it.

2003 Taurus Wagon SE
By ken

2004 Ford Taurus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought my 2003 Taurus wagon SE used from a dealer in NC. It was originally a rental with 6000 miles on the OD. It has performed very well and has required no more maintenance than that required at regular service intervals. It handles well, and has good acceleration. Plenty of room in the cargo area. The only two bad things to say is, 1) the panel material above the rear door arm rests has come loose and required repair, and 2) the luggage rack bumpers on the roof all have a small separation crack of approximately 1/8 inch, about mid-length on each one. It gets good gas mileage and is fairly comfortable on long trips. It is a very reliable vehicle and great for a family of four.

Favorite Features

Power adjustable pedals and power driver seat.

Suggested Improvements

Interior door material above arm rests should be made of same material on the rest of the interior of the door.