2004 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
Thanks to this car, 5 people survived a rollover crash....
By flymetotheisle on 11/05/11 16:14 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan w/Duratec (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I am a big fan of this car...Nothing much to write except that it is because of this Ford Taurus SEL that our whole family is alive right now......We survived a rollover crash and all came out without a scratch...the car was considered totalled and with the safety features that Ford has installed in this vehicle I am alive right now to write about it...amazingly to say the least...Thank you....

204 SES
By Joe on 09/27/07 18:55 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan w/Duratec (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We have had two 2004 SES's. We owned the first one for 5 weeks before we were hit in the rearended by someone doing 50+ MPH and we were stopped. The car saved our life. I think the safety of the Taurus is fantastic. We have had the second one for 3 years. The Duratec engine if fantastic. Wonderful road car, very reliable. Still has original brakes at 80,000 miles, replaced tires at 55,000. No problems with it. 20MPG in town, 25MPG on hwy. We love this car!

Not a Mustang but ...
By Mike on 12/14/05 21:01 PM (PST)

2004 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan w/Duratec (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My Taurus has performed flawlessly for 2 years. I put Toyo Observe Ice/Snow tires on in the winter and she goes where I point the hood. I average 23 mpg. While the design architecture is dated, but it still creates an easy on the eyes profile. The stereo could stand a few tweaks but is more than commute adequate. Front wheel drive wander is noticeable, but slight. The ride is smooth, very quiet, and at the edge of luxurious. It's a shame they were the rental fleets #1 choice for so many years. That coupled with the "you pay what we pay" incentives of this past summer/fall drives down trade in value. All in all I enjoy my Taurus. I will trade it in on a new Ford 500 in 2 more years.

The Best Car I've Ever Owned
By Helmey on 10/09/05 04:47 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan w/Duratec (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I traded in my '98 Taurus SE for a 2004 SEL and I love this car just as much. With leather seats, the interior feels like a luxury car and the drive is excellent with the Duratec V6. The SEL includes a lot of extras that are truly useful and make the car a pleasure to drive for long distances. The V6 Camry is a more refined car, but without the bells and whistles. The Ford is a fun car to own and a really great value.

Taurus is the best
By ranger on 07/03/05 20:05 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan w/Duratec (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this SEL Taurus with 16000 miles on it and we love this vehicle so much we just purchased another 2004 SES Taurus for my wife. Vehicle drives like a dream and good mpg at average of 25 city and highway driving. It drives and rides as good as the Grand Marquis we use to have. I have the 24 valve Duratec on the SEL and the 12 valve standard engine on the SES. We like both vehicles very much and enjoy trips much more.

Love my Taurus
By tauruslady on 02/01/05 16:35 PM (PST)

2004 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan w/Duratec (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I really love my Taurus. This is the third Taurus that I have owned. I love the comfort and looks of the car. I love the fact that it is a solid car and that I feel safe in it.

Great Car from Chicago Pride
By Chicago Pride on 12/15/04 13:59 PM (PST)

best Ford ever built

great choice
By fruitman65 on 10/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan w/Duratec (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

this is a excellent choice, I would really recomend it to all who have a large family. I'm very satisfy with the comfort of the ride while driving on the highway.

Great Car
By Chris in Chicago on 04/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan w/Duratec (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

For the Gen4 Ford Taurus. Ford has again built a fine vehicle. The interior Medium Parchment is a great color scheme mixed in with the dash. It is fun to drive and looks great. I wouldn't compare it with Toyota, Honda, or Chevy. They do not have as quality cars as Ford does. I think people need to look again when they think about buying another brand and give Ford some credit. Besides the Taurus, they also have a fine line of vehicles. Thanks..

Very happy customer
By Tiger2004 on 04/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan w/Duratec (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is my second Taurus. My 98 Taurus has been really reliable. It did not have any mechanical problems. The good experience I had with the first Taurus is the major factor for me to buy the second Taurus. Obviously the 2004 Taurus has many improvments. Its gear down-shift is much quicker, its braking distance is shorter and the fuel efficient is better, too.