2004 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
Pretty good
By Trex on 12/21/09 07:28 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Taurus Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought the car off a Ford dealer in 2006 with 25K miles for $10K. It needed tires about 2 years ago and I put on the expensive Goodyear Assurance Triple Treads. This team of tires and vehicle has been the best traction I have ever had in a 2 WD car. I began using it as a courier vehicle part time in 2008, putting on average 40K miles a year. Just went past 125K with only one $150 repair, and oil changes. Feels like I will break 200K getting 25-26 mpg highway and 19-22 city. I gave a little up on mpg for superior traction in all weather with these great tires. It's great to pass a stuck 4 WD car in the snow. May be the best car so far.

Smooth ride, a bit sluggish
By Taurus 04 on 03/26/05 13:14 PM (PST)

2004 Ford Taurus Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this car brand new about a year ago. Paid $12,000 for it. No major problems with it. Front wheel makes squeaky noises, and the dealer cannot fix the problem. It is no big deal, I can barely hear it with the windows down. The car is really smooth to drive. The suspension is extremely soft, but it also handles like a boat. The previous car that I owned was a '99 Chevy Lumina; the Ford handles better overall. The engine is slow and sluggish. The transmission is even worse; it never knows what gear it is supposed to be in. However if you drive normally you won't have any problems, just don't expect much from the V6. Overall it has been a good experience. Smooth, soft, fast on the highway.

First New Car Owned
By Scooby31172 on 10/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Taurus Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I love the feel of the ride. It rides smooth and handles with ease. Takes turns easy. I love the safety rating it has a five star rating. Nice comfortable seats, runs quiet. The ease of getting child car seats in and out and being able to hook them at the top and the bottom is very important to me. I like the shoulder seat belts in the back seat. I am extremely impressed by the Ford Taurus. I have always been a Ford fan. I have driven vehicles by General Motors, Plymouth, Pontiac, Oldsmobile, and Ford. My opinion is that Ford is the best vehicle I have driven. I liked the others, but they did not

Liz's Review (If u want ford please read
By ElizabethSal on 04/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Taurus Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I love my taurus, i have been driving it for a while. its over a hundred thousand miles and its just started giving me problems so i cant say that it was a lemon. but now that the problems have started they will not stop. The e.g.r. sensor keeps messing up. transmission is dying. let me tell you that i get it fixed at ford dealership so they should know how to fix it but i keep taking it back with in a week of getting my car back from service for the same problems. I replaced my engine gasket pan but it keeps leaking.... look i love my car but i learned that i need to just lease and not get attached to a FORD.

good all around
By Caluch on 03/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Taurus Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Although still very new in the driveway, we both (wife and I) feel we got a good deal and a great car. It has much more leg rom than we are use to even though we traded same size. More comfort and even seems more stable than our Olds. We opted for the bench seat and it makes me feel like im driving a car 40 years ago. Plenty of everything for us.